Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, there was a thread on this female blacksmith not too long ago. Evidently she's got a waiting list. I think we can all agree that she's not trying to achieve that same quality in her knives that we look for.

I'm not going to poo poo her either, each to their own. Lets just say I'm not into Ken Onion profiles either. This woman could learn a lot from Luke and David from Bloodroot. Those guys know how to make a good cutters in original (non Japanese) shapes.

One thing is certain, aesthetically she won't be confused with anyone other maker.

One thing is certain, aesthetically she won't be confused with anyone other maker.

From a marketing standpoint, that is often half the battle. As you said, she's selling knives and making money. I can almost guaranty that everyone who slapped down $800 on one of her knives is very happy with it and shows it off to their friends. I say 'you go girl'!, it ain't hurting me none:2cents:. (and yes, I think they're ridiculous and thoroughly belong in this thread too, but she ain't the only one out there making money on ugly knives).:D

Be well,
Mikey

Well said Mikey. These are tools for dilettantes and 'foodies' that want to feel special when their Shun wielding friends show up for dinner.
And if those people knew about the world of knives that KKF helps expose, chances are they would not buy a knife like that.

Not sure if these have been posted before, but I saw them at Costco just recently. This is the third iteration of these knives I've seen. The first had a mono-color coated blade to match the handle, and the second had sort of iridescent oil-on-water colored blades. I guess these are for people who need a visual clue about what to use their knife for.

IMG_0979.jpg

I gotta say that it looks very well built (except for the handle/tang mounting) but dang it's more than a tad loud, ain't it? The only thing it's missing is some gold trim. :D

Doi is like :slaphead:

Someone gave this to me as a gag gift. I don't use it, but it cuts bread surprisingly well.

the fiddle bow...:laugh:
df0097.jpeg

Back