Unused gems

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold a few nice knives that I absolutely didn't need and regretted it as soon as they shipped. I did learn to cope though after a lot of therapy.

Which cost more than if you kept the knives in the first place. LOL.

I'm totally with you. For me, I keep reaching for the same knives. But I can't seem to let go of the ones that I don't need. So easy to store them away when I should be selling them. But I just never know when I might want to use it again.
It's not an unspoken rule that we have to sell the ones that we dont use. If they're not taking up space,costing us money, or annoying our spouses then it should be fine to keep one or two or even a few stashed away. I think we're all guilty of reaching for the same knife (knives) ,no matter how many we own.

It's not an unspoken rule that we have to sell the ones that we dont use. If they're not taking up space,costing us money, or annoying our spouses then it should be fine to keep one or two or even a few stashed away. I think we're all guilty of reaching for the same knife (knives) ,no matter how many we own.

I know. There is one that I want to keep, but I know I won't use some of the others. They were just not right for me. Maybe subconsciously it would be my way of justifying another knife purchase. Which kind of leaves to that other thread that is currently active on when collecting becomes a sickness. A fine line.

Back