Very popular opinions thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovidah

I'll make you a sponsor offer you can't refuse...
Reaction score
I don't like to turn this into a witchhunt about moderation... but to close one of the biggest threads on our forum where we honestly had a fairly civil conversation about what happened, just because the discussion doesn't go in a direction 'favorable to management' doesn't feel right to me.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/unpopular-opinions.48161/page-312

RIP Unpopular Opinions thread. I guess it failed to pay its vendor fees...

it surely makes me wonder if I want to voluntarily support the forum going forward...I never understood what the 'cost' of running a forum are (having ran two myself, hosting fees are low and domain registration is dirt cheap) but I was happy to support the community. Having learned how much a business account appears to cost, and knowing how much money someone needs to earn in order to be able to shell out 2K for an account makes me wonder how much the average 'business' in this world makes.

Last edited:
Yeah, unless there is some accountability with this situation, I’m going to have to seriously consider whether or not I can support it with a membership moving forward.
That's the beauty of making a place about money... it works both ways. ;)

Your little custom title is legit.

IMG_2238.jpeg

He’s definitely still banned. It was easy to find his posts if you just typed his name. Because he was was banned it didn’t and still does not auto populate his name.
I think you're right. I hope this is remedied ASAP.

I think I was scammed by the mods, still waiting for my $35 kkf decals.
They were mailed November 13, 2023. I did not know you did not receive them. I'll send again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back