• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Watanabe pro nakiri KU 180mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all,

Trying to get my first nakiri here. Have not tried the watanabe blades before, but seen a lot of positive feedbacks here on KKF. Wanted to grab one from Sinichi, but currently sold out and need to wait “months” for it.
If anyone willing to sell, just let me know. Thanks!

I think he still has the 165 mm in stock. I know everybody insists on on getting the 180, but the 165 is a great size for home cooks.

Plus the 165 has a handle I like more and horn instead of plastic for the ferrule.

Also, I’ve used both and like both. They definitely deserve the reputation. Unless you chop really big vegetables I don’t think you’ll miss out on the slightly shorter length either

I think he still has the 165 mm in stock. I know everybody insists on on getting the 180, but the 165 is a great size for home cooks.
Thanks for the information. 165mm is a decent size to use at home but i prefer the 180mm. For me, i think the extra heft (weight) and length will be useful for me during heavy prep at work. anyway, more is always better than less right?

You might want to say what you’re looking for more specifically, then, since the one at that link above was exactly what you asked for. Are you looking for one with a stock handle?

Latest posts

Back