Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, now Colin. Mind your manners.:D

Now that the Irish have landed......

You can consider that little problem solved;)

And I ain't no Priest or Saint:eek:

Going through the list of new members - its a veritable who's who of kitchen knives!

Best of luck with it Dave.

Great to be here... Strange how much this feels like home, already.

Congrats on the new site Dave. About time I stopped lurking on sites and finally joined one haha

Hello everyone.

I hope there’s room for an avid home cook, wannabe knife enthusiast to come aboard. My interest in Japanese cutlery started about a year or two ago. I’ve learned a lot, but have only scratched the surface. Japanese knives, especially the single bevel ones are a whole new can of worms from the European cutlery that I was used too.

Dave, I just read and was deeply saddened by what happened on the other forum. Regardless of whatever fubar occurred, your contributions, advice, and willingness to help is beyond reproach. I can’t thank you enough for helping and inspiring me to become better at sharpening. I’m glad to see you’ve formed a new forum and look forward to learning more.

Love the layout of this BB -- far superior in looks and ease-of-use compared to some others.

Hi All!

Just checking in with all the people I know & introducing myself to those I haven't met yet. The place looks great & very promising!

Way to go, Dave!

As way of formal intro- I am an avid home cook, woodworker, motorcycle nut, retired goldsmith. I have been making woodworking tools from scratch for some time, as well as customizing an old '65 Triumph motorcycle. I acquired my first J knife last December, a Takeda gyuto, followed by a Tanaka ironwood handled R2 petty.
Right now I am in the process of making a wa-honesuki out of O1 that will have an ebony/maple burl handle. My wife said I couldn't buy more knives so I'm making them!
Progress is a bit slow right now as I broke a bone in my foot at the end of December that isn't healing right, butt I have faith that I will be back to full steam before too long.

Best regards, Spike Cornelius

Well, I just stopped by JKS page and found this welcome surprise.

Will Sudsy have a pig avatar again?

Good to see you Robin!

Nah Sudsy turned down my offer to hook him up with a piglet avatar. He's on a revolution right now.

Hi Dave. Nice to see you guys again here.... and let's the party begin :p

Rio

Haven't really been obsessing knives lately, and I'll just be mostly lurking, but glad to find this forum!
Tito

Nice looking forum Dave. Gonna take a while to learn to navigate around but.... Hope I can pick up some tips, doubt I will have much to offer by the looks of the posts I have seen.

Yay!!! Glad I finally found this place. It feels like home already. Great to see all the familiar faces!

Bravo Dave, what an explosive start of this forum.
I quit posting at KF since VendorGod colonized the whole thing.
Looks like there will be no trouble with that over here...

Thank you Dave, the other professionals and everyone else for contributing to these fora. For a home chef like myself they're an excellent source of information and help me develop my sharpening and knife skills.

Hello to the forum.

My name is Mike, I go by bbqbull or Mike.
I am a bbq nut and just use my knives for trimming and slicing meat.

I am going to have a great time here.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Mike

Is this bbqbull from the Brethren? Either way, greetings!
Hello to the forum.

My name is Mike, I go by bbqbull or Mike.
I am a bbq nut and just use my knives for trimming and slicing meat.

I am going to have a great time here.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Mike

Hello everyone:smile1: I just found this place with the help of oivind_dahle. I am happy to be here.

My Name is Bill Burke. I make high performance knives that I try to make look as good as they work. I live in Idaho near Boise. I make hunters, folders, swords, razors, hatchets/tomahawks and most importantly to you'all KITCHEN KNIVES.:happy1: I am always happy to be challenged to make something new like the kitchen shears I am working on. I have my email opened in my contact or will reply to pm's

Bill

Hi all! Although I've always liked knives, I'm relatively new to being obsessed with knives. :biggrin: Looking forward to learning lots and having fun while doing it here!

- Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back