what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do dabble in mezcal a bit. Love any smoky spirit.

IMG_20230329_210045_159.jpg

You may have heard of shower beer… allow me to introduce, the shower Sazerac (close cousin of the ultimate “I had a **** day” beverage the shower-Treuse)
View attachment 241961
What do you think of the double rye high west? I've had the bourbon with the antelope and the one with the ram, and neither one really impressed me. Wondering if maybe your impressions were a bit more favorable?

What do you think of the double rye high west? I've had the bourbon with the antelope and the one with the ram, and neither one really impressed me. Wondering if maybe your impressions were a bit more favorable?
Double rye is great imo - it’s quite a bit more rye spice to than most, which I appreciate. Double Rye and MWND (at retail) are the only two bottles they do that I think are worth the price.

It’s been a while since I had High West. When they first started to blow up their flagship product was Rendezvous Rye and you could get it less than 50 at costco if I remember correctly. Really liked that value at the time. Everything went up by 10-20 dollars and I agree that it enters a price point where competition is fierce. I’ve tried Bourye, Campfire, Double Rye, and Rendezvous. Still like Rendezvous the best out of the bunch.

Last edited:
Back