what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found my new love and I think she is a keeper.

Hard Cider!

The stuff of champions, for the more sophisticated among us, for the true patriots.

Tonight, I'm going through the entire Julian triple lineup.

Maybe afterwards I can walk up to that cute girl with the skimpy tight dress and platinum blond wig that stands on the corner a block away from me and finally have the courage to tell your my favorite line of all time...

"Your Soul Is Mine!"

Went out with my parents to celebrate their anniversary. Had some amazing bubbles, then got a nice gin cocktail put together by our new bar program head.

Went out with my parents to celebrate their anniversary. Had some amazing bubbles, then got a nice gin cocktail put together by our new bar program head.

Not giving any details is totally not cool. Brand? Origin?

I had a dram or two of the Clynelish DE 2012 and two Duvel Triple Hops 2013

Not giving any details is totally not cool. Brand? Origin?
it was a blanc de blanc, heres how it reads on our wine list:
Pierre Gimonnet & Fils, Specia club 1 cru Brut, 2005

Cocktails:
My wife got the Valentino: Clementine, Pomegranate, and our house ginger infused vodka
I got the Johny Law: Letherby gin, Pimms, Lemon, Black Pepper and Raspberry.

are we cool now? :D

Smith & Forge, Original Sin, and Sonoma brand. All ciders. I expect two out of three to taste like crap, but the taste test must go on.

And for what it's worth, this thread will never die. For there is always someone somewhere drinking something tonight.

G &T with Dry Fly (American) gin and Fever Tree Tonic, and of course a wedge of lime.

Hendricks and agar clarified lime juice, carbonated directly. Damn tasty.

More evidence that on aggregate, the best knives and the best drinkers on the forum live in the Twin Cities. DC metro, Australia, and North Carolina could put up a fight, though.

it was a blanc de blanc, heres how it reads on our wine list:
Pierre Gimonnet & Fils, Specia club 1 cru Brut, 2005

Cocktails:
My wife got the Valentino: Clementine, Pomegranate, and our house ginger infused vodka
I got the Johny Law: Letherby gin, Pimms, Lemon, Black Pepper and Raspberry.

are we cool now? :D

More evidence that on aggregate, the best knives and the best drinkers on the forum live in the Twin Cities....

Mmhh, good to know, just working on a job application for St. Paul :)

Stefan

More evidence that on aggregate, the best knives and the best drinkers on the forum live in the Twin Cities. DC metro, Australia, and North Carolina could put up a fight, though.

Haa! Believe that fantasy if you want to. Let me know when you are able to escape the twilight zone.

Mmhh, good to know, just working on a job application for St. Paul :)

Stefan

That would be awesome. I hope you get it.

I've lived in DC and now the Twin Cities. I'm half way to my bottle scout badge ;)

And as for yesterday, I dipped into a 2010 Sattler St. Laurent Reserve (Burgenland Austria), 2013 Les Baux de Provence mas de gourgonnier rose, and a 2010 Chateau d'Or et de Gueules Les Cimels (Southern Rhone)

k.

Last night I started with a few large cold Sapparos, then had some Jalepeno Cheddar burgers. For the last two few years ive been cooking my burgers inside in a pan then oven and I had forgetten about my Weber, well due to being outside with my beer and cigar ( Bolivar ) I just thought use the grill !!! well I cranked it up cooked those burgers on high heat and wow I had totally forgotten what a burger that has a good hard caramalised sear but still juicy in the middle tastes like it was superb

Followed up my burgers with some stiliton and crackers and a 2010 Carlisle Bennett valley Syrah and a nice Cohiba Pyramid extra, the finishing tough was some Germain Robin XO cognac

I'm enjoying a local Blond ale before grilling some sirloin for Gyros. Marinated onion, tomato and feta topping with tzatziki. Starting off with a cold Vichyssoise I made yesterday topped with chives and bacon crumbs. I think I'll open a Cab for this meal.

Just back home from a terrible shift in the kitchen so I skipped the rouge and went straight for my trusted friend the 16year old Lagavulin

Elijah Craig 12-year-old

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain

VanderGhinste Oud Bruin

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain

Ahahaha, I can almost agree with this. Although I would say vegetarians are hypocrites who live in the shadow and envy vegans. I have yet to meet a true vegetarian.

Back