what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple of roses tonight, but here is my new wine rack/storage as of Monday.

I'm liking it. I did't want to go all wine geek.

karring

IMG_2124.jpg

Just a couple of roses tonight, but here is my new wine rack/storage as of Monday.

I'm liking it. I did't want to go all wine geek.

karring

Looks good, Karring! Is the room temperature controlled?

Looks good, Karring! Is the room temperature controlled?

No, not at this point, but it is in the coldest part of the house in the basement. It is probably about 7-8 degrees off the ideal temp for long-term storage, but I don't mind passive cellaring a little hotter to bring them up to drinking age a bit faster.

k.

With the intense amount of mint I have growing in my back yard I have been on a Mojito kick.

No, not at this point, but it is in the coldest part of the house in the basement. It is probably about 7-8 degrees off the ideal temp for long-term storage, but I don't mind passive cellaring a little hotter to bring them up to drinking age a bit faster.

k.

I also think a constant few degrees above ideal is less of an issue than larger fluctuations over time. Very nice set-up! I find myself drinking less and less, so the one wine fridge seems to suffice at the moment. Maybe I'll come and check out yours, still waiting to hear back from St. Catherine's - although, I may not be catholic enough and too male for them...

Stefan

k.

I am curious what is the temp of your basement in this area?

Had my last Heady Topper tonight. Last night Mucho and I sampled some magic elixer provided by Son. Who would have thought that fiery nectar could be so smooth. The one with Mandarin was outstanding . Count me in if he markets it.

I teach at St. Thomas, the university eight blocks north. If I had any pull/knew anyone with pull at St. Kate's, I'd be banging down their door for you. If you end up in the Frozen North, let us know--we'll take you out to welcome your arrival!

I also think a constant few degrees above ideal is less of an issue than larger fluctuations over time. Very nice set-up! I find myself drinking less and less, so the one wine fridge seems to suffice at the moment. Maybe I'll come and check out yours, still waiting to hear back from St. Catherine's - although, I may not be catholic enough and too male for them...

Stefan

Stefan

That would be fun. And for our house we don't have gender or religious guidelines for drinking wine. The two fridges are because one is for red and one is for white. It worked out better with the design and cost to do it that way than mess with dual-zone coolers.

I am curious what is the temp of your basement in this area?

I'm not 100% sure, but I should get a temp gauge. My last basement was around 68 and it is noticeably colder than that one my guess is around 63-65.

k.

Michter's Single Barrel Straight Rye with a few cubes of ice.

I will alway support someone drinking vodka straight. Good job sir. I like mine super chilled and if not, with just a piece of a crushed ice cube in a shot. Now I am off to get some Ukrainian vodka.

k.
Crushed ice cube in a shot I will have to remember that, tonight I went with Samuel Smith organic pale ale with a 1783 chaser, it's a bourbon, long day at work....

Buffalo Trace neat chasing with cheap Newfoundland beer, my absolute favourite after a killer service.

going to a swim party.

so tonight, hopefully i get to sip on some moonshine. my buddies family makes it back in missouri. he gets a few bottles sometimes.

the shiner dude makes a pretty good product. he is experiementing with infused flavors..and even started trying whiskey.

Knob creek single barrel.... it hits the spot after 10 hours standing up selling and cutting cheese.!!!!
On the nose you get some amazing vanilla, prune, toffee and pear notes!!! Everyone should get a bottle of that stuff!
gcDLZE2.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a bottle of 1964 Charles Krug Cabernet I was saving for my 50th, total disaster !!! was not vinegar but not far off, totally undrinkable.
Followed with some nice Saison and then a 2010 Cypher Slayer which didn't do much for me

I'd like to get some vodka - what should I buy that is more straight forward than fancy, more bang for the buck than 'hip' (or whatever people say these days...), on the smoother side, and available in a well stocked store rather than a highly specialized place? Will be drunk straight up (is there any other way?), very likely kept in the freezer unless there are good reasons not to.

Thanks,

Stefan

I'd like to get some vodka - what should I buy that is more straight forward than fancy, more bang for the buck than 'hip' (or whatever people say these days...), on the smoother side, and available in a well stocked store rather than a highly specialized place? Will be drunk straight up (is there any other way?), very likely kept in the freezer unless there are good reasons not to.

Thanks,

Stefan

Kettle 1. It's great, pretty common, and perfect for drinking straight. Price isn't too bad either

Back