what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LF rules.

I started with a Prager Hinter Der Burg Gruner Veltliner and ended with a Linne Calodo Cherry Red ZSM.

k.

Poured probably 75% of the Cherry Reds from the first release to the current release at this year's Harvest Party. It's an amazing wine. It'll last 10 years +.

Scheduled for dinner at the restaurant of the Kona Brewing Company. I guess I will have beer.

Stefan

Had a few remnants open last night....09 copain en haut, 12 Wilde farm chard, and a 09 turley hayne

Life is too short to delay dessert: Doennhoff's Norheimer Dellchen Riesling Auslese 2006.

Stefan

Working on a forgotten bottle of equipo Navazos, La Bota de Manzanilla #22. It's from 2010, probably should have drunk it last year but still nice. Fortunately, I have olives in the house, now craving some salted almonds and a few slices of Jamon Iberico...

Stefan

Regrettably my father didn't have the foresight to lay down a case of vintage port when I was born, so I'm having to make do with a bottle of Taylor Fladgate Late Bottled Vintage Porto, 2007. I trust the Stilton won't be too offended.

Nothing fancy, just some Duckhorn Merlot. It seems to be one of my favorites.

Christmas Eve, broke open a miniture of glenfarclas 40, also had a bottle of innus and gunn

Got home from work and shopping around 6pm, decided to rest a moment before cooking dinner, woke up again at 10:30, declared 2 glasses of a very nondescript Vieux Pape blanc de blanc from Wholefoods (don't buy it...) to be dinner, now off to bed again. Very unexiting Christmas Eve...

Stefan

Father in laws home brew for Xmas lunch/ dinner. Puts any boutique beer to Shame.

For the wine lovers among us, I am going to have a 89 Lynch bages along with a 11 piper....really looking forward to dinner. Have a tenderloin roast in the smoker ...today is going to be a good day.

For the wine lovers among us, I am going to have a 89 Lynch bages along with a 11 piper....really looking forward to dinner. Have a tenderloin roast in the smoker ...today is going to be a good day.

That's some good drinking. How long have you been sitting on the Lynch-bages?

k.

Tyler sold it to me cheap...so about two weeks :). It's very good. I did a slow ox for 3 hours but it really started to open up after being in the glass a half hour. With food I found the Diane sauce overpowered it, but after dinner I have been following it for several hours and it's really hitting its stride. The finest tannins I have ever had with a very mellow green fruit balance.

For my first aged bdx, I am happy but seriously won't drop this kind of coin again, as I like newer cabs for a third the price just as much.

Going for some Simply Apple, since I don't have a good way to make chai or any good coffee mugs to put it into. I think next Christmas (or sometime this upcoming year), I'll be going for a Keurig or something, so that I can have great cup of something hot without putting too much stress on me.

D'Arenberg The Hermit Crab 2012. Nice first impression but I just opened it, I hope it will come out a bit more in the glass. Should get a little deeper for a viognier-marsanne.

Stefan

Back