what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Founders Dissenter Imperial IPL. Didn't expect this much flavor from a lager. Nice hops and bitterness.
Followed by some of The Balvenie Doublewood 17. Has that honey from the 12 year, but a lot more barrel taste. Nice stuff.

delerium-tremens.png

Last night: 2 2012 Selbach-Oster Rieslings - Zeltinger Schlossberg Kabinettt and Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Spatlese.

Whisky tasting:

Craigellachie (11 y/o, cask strength, Signatory)
Arran (12 y/o, single cask, Laing)
Highland Park (21 y/o, 46%, Signatory)
Glenburgie (18 y/o, 46%, van Wees Ultimate)
Mortlach (18 y/o, cask strength, Duncan Taylor)
Highland Park (Thor, 16 y/o, cask strength)
Edradour (6 y/o, single cask, SMWS)
Longmorn (18 y/o, 46%, Douglas)
Macallan ("Amber", 40%, NAS)

Some real crackers there - surprisingly the Craigellachie and the Glenburgie were the picks out of that little lot, with the Longmorn and Edradour close behind.

Seriously underwhelmed by the HP Thor, a malt which commands batshyte crazy prices now. Sadly this (currently very fashionable) distillery is fast becoming a victim of its popularity/rapacious owners, imho.

.... which brings us onto Macallan. "Amber" is as pathetic a £40 bottling as I have ever come across. Sad.

Drinking a 2010 Booker Vertigo. It is so very good. I paired it with some dry aged sirloin steak and plank grilled cauliflower with a japanese mayo sauce that I made with some leftover fresh spicy/sweet pickle brine.

And btw, whenever I open a really good bottle of wine these days, I think to myself: "It would be nice to share this with Chuckles, Justin, Kyfeknerd, and Heldentenor." But then before I know it, the wine is gone. Oh well…

k.

2007 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir- best... Pinot...ever!!! Last vintage made by Kris Curran for them

Salignac Cognac--my cheap intro to cognac--definitely prefer scotch/gin but I guess this is at least better to use in food.:biggrin:

2007 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir- best... Pinot...ever!!! Last vintage made by Kris Curran for them

Btw, I love D'alfonso-Curran wines. I visited them when they were in Solvang. That was a few years ago -- and maybe they have moved. They also used to have their wine warehouse/production in the same building as Arcadian, and that has possibly moved too. I need to get back there and check things out.

Anyhow, my Sea Smoke shipment comes in soon. It is the first time I have ordered from them, but I usually pick up their Southing a couples times a year. It is easy to find retail. I even got one in the Virgin Islands one time. Love me some Sea Smoke.

Good call on the pinot.

k.

It's been I while since I've been to Solvang, and I used to work in Goleta (Santa Barbara). I need to head up there soon. As a side note, I met Dave Fleming of DE Fleming and Paraiso wines. Really nice and interesting guy.

I have always wanted to try that Pinot...the hype back in the day kept me away, but now that it's fallen off the radar, I want to find an older bottle

I'm drinking Old Fashioned's with Dickel Rye, Angostura Bitters, Orange Bitters and Demerara Sugar. Simple yet delicious!

This stuff is magical! Small Town Brewery's Not your Father's Root Beer 5.7% ABV

3OSJP0.jpg

Drinking a Turley 2012 Lodi Zin from their Dogtown Vineyard.

Man do I love Zin's!

Ooohh, Turley and Lodi are certainly key words that get my attention also. But I am now officially out of wine. Well, almost. My German friend who flies out today went through my small wine fridge and liberated me of these older bottles that needed to get drunk, so now one bottle of Eclipse and 2 dozen bottles of German and French dessert wines are all that is left. Too broke to stock up in style right now, maybe in January.

So, with wine running low, I will have a nice dram of Highland Park 15 tonight.

Stefan

Drinking a Turley 2012 Lodi Zin from their Dogtown Vineyard.View attachment 25684

Man do I love Zin's!

Yep, Stefan's right, Turley makes me listen. I'm not sure if I have Dogtown, but I probably only have a dozen Turley bottles, so probably not. With that said, I have learned to really not like zin, BUT for Turley I make an exception. That is good juice.

k.

Last night:

2013 Linne Calodo Contrarian
2012 Slacker Stereotype
2011 Linne Calodo Overthinker
2012 Slacker Professional
2012 Linne Calodo Outsider

Last night:

2013 Linne Calodo Contrarian
2012 Slacker Stereotype
2011 Linne Calodo Overthinker
2012 Slacker Professional
2012 Linne Calodo Outsider

Do you think you may have a problem?

:justkidding:

Two liquid farms....the wife is drinking 12 golden slope, and I am drinking 11 white hill.

Back