what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D'Arenberg The Hermit Crab 2012. Nice first impression but I just opened it, I hope it will come out a bit more in the glass. Should get a little deeper for a viognier-marsanne.

Stefan

Nice choice. Great winery. I love their reds and they get so much better with age

I vaguely remember a good dessert wine from d'Arenberg also.

Today it's a beer, kind of: Hop-De-ranged, Knee Deep Brewing Co. A quad IPA. Not sure what they were thinking, but for me this is an example that not everything that can be done, needs to be done. Falls into the 'interesting' category, but I am not sure I can finish the bottle - and that is a sentence you will never have heard from me before...

Stefan

Went to the local store and bought a classics malt pack, tonight was rouge breweries single malt beer nad a small glass of glenkinchie, beer was too bitter for my palate, the malt was

Sleeping with the Green Fairy, tonight! Absinthe has such a pleasant licorice taste. Happy New Year, all

A couple of bottles of Roederer rose brut...don't remember the vintage...that came from somewhere.
Happy New Year everyone! (4hrs & 15 minutes from now.)

I really enjoy the Roederer rose brut. I hate to sound like a pansy by saying this, but it goes well with NFL football in my house. And with my Vikes these last few years, that bottle is pretty much polished off by half time.

k.

Tait, The Ballbuster 2012. Very nice, right up my alley. Medium oompf for a younger shiraz, probably toned down a bit by the 12% merlot and 10% cab sauv. Still a little on the cold side, should get even nicer in an hour if I can stay awake that long...

Stefan

Happy new years everyone. Crazy service now enjoying a new Holland beer barrel bourbon

This one was hiding...but I found it!
RIMG1016.jpg

Butcher's Brewing, Continental Breakfast Stout. At 10pm. Maybe it's better at breakfast time? O.k. beer, but not on the list to buy again.

Stefan

Auchentoshan has always been one of my favorite distilleries. I believe they are the only triple distilled scotches, a characteristic found in Irish whiskey

Tin Cup whiskey. Got a bottle to have a change of pace from single malt. A bit sharp after the pour but after sitting/warming a bit it has a wonderful aroma and is smooth with a bit of rye spice.

Auchentoshan has always been one of my favorite distilleries. I believe they are the only triple distilled scotches, a characteristic found in Irish whiskey

Hazelburn (Campbeltown) is also (always) triple distilled. There are other distilleries who have used/still use partial triple distillation.

On that note, Hazelburn 2003 Rundlets & Kilderkins. Outstanding.

Copper and Kings Absinthe Blanche, with just a little bit of ice water. Not bad at all. Has almost a tequila note on the nose, which is certainly not unpleasant. I believe that they currently have a version aging in juniper wood barrels. Looking forward to that.

Hazelburn (Campbeltown) is also (always) triple distilled. There are other distilleries who have used/still use partial triple distillation.

On that note, Hazelburn 2003 Rundlets & Kilderkins. Outstanding.

I have not had this scotch, I'll have to check it out. For now, Im enjoying a 19 yo Jura

Tullibardine is so good! I've only had an 18 and 20 year old, though. Lots of butterscotch and a ribbon of peat.

Sinking low. Glenlivet 12. The only booze in the house.

Stefan

Back