what is your un-fanciest meal?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ketchup is one of the few things I can't eat. Wife leaves a plate in the sink with ketchup on it and I wretch. Oddly, currywurst I can do no problem and one of the few meals my mother made as a kid that I enjoyed was some kind of roasted lamb smothered with ketchup and mustard.

Currywurst!!! [emoji7]

Was just going to add mine, but it's impossible to top whiskey, currywurst or bratkartoffeln.

My simple emergency food are Costco frozen potstickers. Throw them in the pan to brown, then sometimes just steam them in their soy dipping sauce and sprinkle a bit of sesame oil, sometimes I throw in frozen edamame or peas, steam with chicken stock. Alternative: quick pasta with a tomato sauce (I usually keep Newman's marinara around or have some homemade in the freezer), throwing in a can of tuna, some capers, anchovis, chili flakes.

Stefan

Was just going to add mine, but it's impossible to top whiskey, currywurst or bratkartoffeln.

My simple emergency food are Costco frozen potstickers. Throw them in the pan to brown, then sometimes just steam them in their soy dipping sauce and sprinkle a bit of sesame oil, sometimes I throw in frozen edamame or peas, steam with chicken stock. Alternative: quick pasta with a tomato sauce (I usually keep Newman's marinara around or have some homemade in the freezer), throwing in a can of tuna, some capers, anchovis, chili flakes.

Stefan

Actually Currywurst sounds almost fancy ... I wonder where I can get one now. I miss it. It's the first thing I always eat when traveling to Germany.

My go to is simple toasted whole wheat Italian bread with ripe avocado, salt/peppa and a Firestone Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA...

Actually Currywurst sounds almost fancy ... I wonder where I can get one now. I miss it. It's the first thing I always eat when traveling to Germany.

My go to is simple toasted whole wheat Italian bread with ripe avocado, salt/peppa and a Firestone Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA...

Got a bottle of Firestone Stickee Monkee Barrel Aged Quad Ale at home right now.

Taco Bell! It's my kryptonite. I know it's bad, but its soooooo good!

At home I keep the freezer stocked with things easily thawed for the lazy dinner. Uncooked breaded chicken for a quick milanese in the oven, grilled chicken, portioned out chili, stock for a quick soup (just add veggies and some noodles), the list goes on (I've been called a freezer hoarder).

OK so although many of your combinations sound good. a few I cant even imagine.. Not a big sardine fan I guess.

My fav is.. Grilled cheese, Egg in the hole sandwich! Fast, easy and OMG So good! For a real treat add bacon, or MORE bacon!! ;)

OK so although many of your combinations sound good. a few I cant even imagine.. Not a big sardine fan I guess.

My fav is.. Grilled cheese, Egg in the hole sandwich! Fast, easy and OMG So good! For a real treat add bacon, or MORE bacon!! ;)
This would be a big hit in my house, even if a little messy.

Pizza pocket... If that can be called a meal....

Hey, sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

Adams peanut butter, smuckers blackberry jelly, wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Zap for 20 seconds. Any more and you'll burn the hell out of your mouth!
I eat this least 3 times a week.

This conversation has gone from what is your most unfancy meal to who eats $#iT on a stick. I guess we should have defined meal, cause there is clearly a discrepancy. Does dump a scoop of protein powder into a glass of milk and stir count, oh I know better yet, dump a scoop of protein powder in your mouth and swallow.

OH I know what you could squirt in your mouth and swallow and call a meal. HA

Fried egg (over hard) sandwich with Parmesan and maybe some Branston pickle.

Macaroni noodles, tomato juice, salt and pepper.

Hoss

Sauteed mushrooms, kale and white beans. Takes me about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Fried rice. Sometime I have super sad fried rice with just onions and egg. lol

Back