What was your last concert?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible concert. Paul Simon has musical talent like no other.

67b3108d80c2df3e9522.png

Went to a Tallest Man on Earth concert last night at 1st Ave in Minneapolis. Before that, a couple of weeks ago I went to the Fat Wreck 25 year tour. A bunch of good bands were there: Lagwagon, Bad Cop/Bad Cop, NOFX, Dillinger Four, Flatliners, Strung Out, Swingin' Utters and more.

k.

A bit late posting, but Grateful Dead in Chicago over the weekend of July 4th. Great music, musicians, and city!

Def Leppard, Tesla and Styx....yes I was working.
I will be making up for it soon. Got a midwest road trip upcoming and going to see Luna in October.

A few members on this forum share this same concert experience, but on Saturday there was Bleach Party, Pears, and Pegboy.

On Sunday was Naked Raygun and Alkaline Trio.

k.

Jay-Z, 50 cent, Ice Cube, Snoop, Naughty by Nature and Kanye West; back when I lived in Amsterdam. Different era, though still like rap.

What Brahms?

I f'n love his piano quintets. They rock hard. Also, that he was in a crazy love triangle with Robert and Clara Schumann just adds to his rock stardom for me. What it must have been like to live at the end of German romanticism while knocking on the door that would open to the dissolution of tonality...

What Brahms?

I f'n love his piano quintets. They rock hard. Also, that he was in a crazy love triangle with Robert and Clara Schumann just adds to his rock stardom for me. What it must have been like to live at the end of German romanticism while knocking on the door that would open to the dissolution of tonality...

Symphony No. 2

Used to have a subscription to NYPhil when I was younger. They have a under35 discounted subscription program which was pretty awesome. Too bad I'm an old farty 38 now LOL

Actually Brahms wasn't the last one my wife just told me, it was Dvorak, Symphony No 9 aka New World Symphony ...

I'm not sure which one was played by German violinist Frank Peter Zimmermann, but that dude killed it, I will never forget him (apparently I will only forget what he played, not how he played!)

Richard Thompson at a great, small venue (300 seats). He's still unbelievable on the guitar and unlike many others, his voice hasn't lost anything with age.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club couple weeks ago, decent, before that was Bob Dylan in October (arena show, sound was awful, song selection left us wanting)

Must have been Marcus Miller back in 2015 in Aalen. It was fantastic. Even got a signed CD (should have got an LP, next time)

Maceo Parker, last week. He still has it at age 75.

Stefan

The Irish trad band Altan, last week in Seattle.

My wife and I play this music as a hobby, we're hooked on this stuff. Had the band sign their new tunebook after the gig.

Alice Cooper.... 1973 I been busy !

Back