Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have beef often, butt tonight I had a New York strip, put on some EVOO on it and some chopped garlic, coarse ground pepper and salt. Cooked it on the BGE and had it with some brown basmati rice cooked with garlic, ginger root and tumeric. Some broccoli stems and Bob's your mother's brother. My tummy is happy.

Spicy Tuna burger, maybe country fried J-style?
Seared then panko crusted and deep fried, yuzu wasabi aoli, pickled daikon, avocado on multigrain.

IMAG0012.jpg

IMG_20120626_215710.jpg

Speaking of pressure cookers, long grain brown rice takes an hour in a pan on the stove, but I did my last batch in the pressure cooker in 25 minutes. It came out perfect. High pressure for 15 minutes then turn off the heat and let sit for 10, by then the pressure has dropped and the rive is ready!

Looks good and now I need to add your fryer to my list of wants.

Cheat Day - Ultimate hot dogs

all beef all natural hot dog
pillowey soft steamed whole wheat buns

Cheater kimchi
olive - cherry tomato - herb salsa

Por todos ustedes (all y'all) mi comida esta noche, Chuletas Adobadas, tostones con mojito, arroz y ensalada...:hungry:

Supper.jpg

PZ

OK...uno mas y YA!!

Café Cubano en la mañana.

Café espresso con ESPUMITA! .....And you thought you could only get head with beer!

Cafe Cubano.jpg

Tengan un buen dia!!

Hasta,
PZ

dang now i what some Cuban coffee.

Trying this again in the right thread....

Too many hours working in the yard today, so leftovers for dinner. Fish tacos, made with leftover salmon (fresh from the farmer's market yesterday), mixed baby lettuce, tomatoes, and a little sauce whipped up from mayo, lime juice, cumin, minced garlic, minced jalepenos, cilantro, & scallions, all wrapped up in a tortilla. With some Old Guardian Barleywine, it was pretty darn good.

FishTaco.jpg

Don't usually upload - a bit intimidating with all the talent here. But had a dinner party last weekend, and all the food disappeared fast enough.

Thought I'd share :hungry:

Vichyssoise
7485426224_e6e0713a63.jpg

Warm Balsamic Salad
7485428676_82c51271a4.jpg

Braised Chicken
7485429988_f0ebf4d796.jpg

Mustard Crust Lamb
7485434764_b7732ece4e.jpg

Mac N Cheese
7485435444_71fb769326.jpg

Sticky Date Pudding & Hot Toffee Sauce
7485436882_5465cec383.jpg

Very nice Tristan, your vichyssoise looks amazing. I have a recipe from Chef Adria that I have been meaning to try sooner or later.

Thanks guys! :D Coming from you lot, it is high praise. Guests (new colleagues) were surprised that a corporate monkey could cook anything at all.

Photos were taken from an iphone - with an app called "monotori camera" which gives a nice depth of field blur effect, even if it is fake :)

Thanks pete, fifth time making it - really consistent results and lots of things to cut up. Great dish for knife nuts. Someone on this forum kept going on about 5:10 eggs, so i tried those and that's what is sitting in there, and that lifts the soup too (thanks!). Nice that it can be served cold along with the soup, and still be squishy and runny in the middle.

Photos were taken from an iphone - with an app called "monotori camera" which gives a nice depth of field blur effect, even if it is fake. :)

Wow! Just downloaded the app to my iPhone; will have to play with it and see if I can get anything close to your results.

I had sushi tonight.

This is called winter roll. Not sure about the fish, but I think they said it was yellow tail. the green on the top of the roll is a mix of cilantro and jalapeno and in the sauce on the bottom of the roll.
IMG_20120703_200037.jpg

I was asking the chef what was in the box in the cooler and she told me sea urchin and asked if I wanted to try some. so sea urchin with quail egg. It was ok needed some salt though.
IMG_20120703_200605.jpg

Back