Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haggis, neeps and tatties, no rabbie burns required.
IMG20240306172759.jpg

It’s kind of like cooking?? First shot through the 9barista. Tasted like any espresso I’ve had before so I think that’s a success, jury is still out on my thoughts on espresso vs percolation or sous vide though. Shot doesn’t look quite like what most I’ve seen on the internet yet, and I definitely need to dial in the heat. Some work to be done, but it works well.

Great bit of British engineering, but there’s something adorably terrifying about something this small doing 130PSI on your stove top.

Attachments

• IMG_5767.jpeg
    IMG_5767.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5766.mov
    25.4 MB
Very interesting. Getting anything drinkable without messing with it speaks volumes though. I agree that it would be disconcerting with that little pressure bomb hitting 130 on the stove, yikes! :eek: Keep us posted on how it is dialed in. I prefer coffee in general to espresso, but also the fact a decent machine costs so much and takes up so much space I don't bother. This is a good alternative to those... if it works well.

PS. Coffee is def food!

That looks great! I've had haggis only two or three times in my life. It's almost impossible to get Down Under. Do you have a recipe? I'd like to try making it :)

Well I'm not making mine (certainly not after seeing the ingredients) from scratch it's a MacSween's from the supermarket. I did manage to make the neeps and tatties myself though :)

I've never made one from scratch, I'm from about as far as it's possible to get from Scotland without getting wet feet.

If you can't get the real thing in Oz, this tin is actually pretty good, https://www.desertcart.com.au/products/52121255-3-x-grants-haggis-392-g

Wishing I hadn't read this!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/haggis_66072
https://www.souschef.co.uk/blogs/the-bureau-of-taste/recipe-burns-night-haggis

It’s kind of like cooking?? First shot through the 9barista. Tasted like any espresso I’ve had before so I think that’s a success, jury is still out on my thoughts on espresso vs percolation or sous vide though. Shot doesn’t look quite like what most I’ve seen on the internet yet, and I definitely need to dial in the heat. Some work to be done, but it works well.

Great bit of British engineering, but there’s something adorably terrifying about something this small doing 130PSI on your stove top.
I was just thinking, that looks good bit of kit. Then I saw the price!

Think I'll stick to the Nespresso!

The only real coffee is an espresso. The Italians get very upset if you ask for an "Americano". Once you get used to it, you won't want a filter coffee ever again.

Guessing there's no Coyote issues in Scotland, but as a for instance, my brother in laws pasture has a donkey and two Pyrenees who gladly would turn the tables San Quentin style......

Latest posts

Back