Where to eat in Vegas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I are headed to Las Vegas for a long weekend. I just wanted to see if anybody has any good recommendations for places to eat. We are true foodies who eat everything. It's next weekend so I'm probably a little late for reservations at really high end places. Money is no object, but we aren't snobs. If something is great and cheap I would like to hear about that too.

Here's some places we aleady did:

Joel Robuchon - 21 courses, amazing, over the top, expensive as hell

Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak - pretty good high end steakhouse

Chica - My wife is a huge fan of Lorena Garcia. Excellent latin fusion

Sage - Our least favorite of our fine dining dinners from last trip. Disappointing to me because I used to love all of Shawn McClain's restaurants in Chicago

Magal BBQ - Excellent Korean BBQ place

Lotus of Siam - Amazing Thai place. Some of the best food I have ever eaten. This place is in my top five favorite restaurants of all time. We might just eat every meal here.

I've done my fair share of eating in Vegas. Also done Robuchon, Sage, Sw Steakhouse, Bazaar Meat etc..My favorite places are all off strip. Tacos El Gordo, Abriya Raku, Hobak Korean BBQ and Lotus of Siam are all really good and worth multiple trips. If you're into Lao food or just looking for something a little more adventurous there are two really good Lao markets in town that serve good Lao dishes (Nam khao, thum, sausages, laap etc..) If time is a crunch and you only get to go to one, go to Tacos El Gordo right of the strip. I think about those tacos almost every day.

I've done my fair share of eating in Vegas. Also done Robuchon, Sage, Sw Steakhouse, Bazaar Meat etc..My favorite places are all off strip. Tacos El Gordo, Abriya Raku, Hobak Korean BBQ and Lotus of Siam are all really good and worth multiple trips. If you're into Lao food or just looking for something a little more adventurous there are two really good Lao markets in town that serve good Lao dishes (Nam khao, thum, sausages, laap etc..) If time is a crunch and you only get to go to one, go to Tacos El Gordo right of the strip. I think about those tacos almost every day.
I know zero about Vegas… but can add a +1 for Lao food. Think Thai food but with earthy funk. Good lunch.
Laap (larp/larb) is classic, sausages are a must, grilled beef (ping seen), the green papaya is different than the Thai style...
Anything with rabbit if they have it.

I had chicken and waffles at Bouchon for breakfast and liked it. Sit at the bar. It’s a nice way to start the day. They only have it on menu on the weekend but they will have it for you if you tell them you are coming for it the night before.

My wife and I are headed to Las Vegas for a long weekend. I just wanted to see if anybody has any good recommendations for places to eat. We are true foodies who eat everything. It's next weekend so I'm probably a little late for reservations at really high end places. Money is no object, but we aren't snobs. If something is great and cheap I would like to hear about that too.

Sage - Our least favorite of our fine dining dinners from last trip. Disappointing to me because I used to love all of Shawn McClain's restaurants in Chicago

Lotus of Siam - Amazing Thai place. Some of the best food I have ever eaten. This place is in my top five favorite restaurants of all time. We might just eat every meal here.

Where did you end up going?

We did Picasso last night. It was definitely tasty. They set us right next to the windows too, so we got a nice view of the fountains. My lamb was a little chewy. The other 6 courses were flawless.

IMG_20191005_203818.jpg IMG_20191005_205204.jpg IMG_20191005_211531_1.jpg

We also made it to Lotus of Siam. It's amazing. I highly recommend going for lunch on a weekday.

We would go back to Vetri at the Palms. There were a couple of misses in the food but overall a good time.
Abriya Raku has a sister spot in West Hollywood that is really, really good...think Vegas is the original.
Lotus of Siam is on the list next time

I had a reasonable dinner at Bouchon last time I was there, but I barely remember it, due to an adjacent trauma.

My wife and I went to the Cirque du Soleil that night, and got front row tickets on the cheap. Long story short, I was forced to participate multiple times, and at some point had to dress in a baby outfit (complete with bonnet and diaper) and push a stroller across the stage.

Last edited:
I live here. A bit late I guess but this is up my alley, as far as off strip spots go. Some repeats so you know those places are solid. Hope anyone visiting finds it useful.

Osyter Bar at Palace Station
Esthers kitchen- pasta/pizza made in-house
Other Mama-osyter bar
Tacos El Gordo/Taco y Taco, both have multiple locations, locals have their preferene. I choose taco y taco just cause they have free frijoles ha
HoneySalt- American
Nittayas Secret Kitchen-thai
Shangs Artisan Noodles- hand pulled/ hand shaved noodles
Lotus of Siam
Raku/Raku Sweets- izakaya
Salud mexican, Modern Mexican, lots of tequila

Las Vegas has some surprisingly good ramen too,
Monta Ramen
Sora Ramen
Jinya ramen- decent but late night ramen fix open til 3am

Nakamura Trattoria Ya- italian japanese fuision
Kabuto Sushi-edomae omakase
EDO Tapas, spanish
Marcche Bacchu- french bistro

And then some I havent been to yet that i find interesting:
Wolf/sparrow
Mordeo
Lamaii-thai
Americana
Black Sheep
Partage-modern french
Adas- by the same guy as Ethers Kitchen
Yui Omakase
Kame Omakase
Herbs and Rye: late night steak/cocktails happy hour
Yuzu Kaiseki

Just as an alternative view, I've eaten at the Lotus of Siam maybe 6-7 time with business clients. Its OK Thai but I never found it to be the end of the world great. Maybe I've just been to Thailand too many times to easily accept Americanized versions of it.

Back