Which Grill To Buy: PK 300 vs Weber Master Touch?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a PK about three years ago. Have used Weber grills for decades. What I like about the PK is the rectangular cooking surface. I find it is much more convenient to control a two zone cooking set up for reverse sear and to have an area to keep food warm while searing meat. I love the cast aluminum construction. This will probably be the last charcoal I purchase. I was at the Wahiawa Ace Hardware this week and noticed they now have PK grills for sale. This may be a plus for you as you won’t have to deal with shipping.
Cheers! Still haven’t definitively decided on PK vs Weber. Don’t want to drive to Wahiawa if I can help it—my parents are in Hawaii Kai. I know if buying a PK I can order one at Lowes or Home Depot in Honolulu and pick it up there.

Honestly, for me one of the main draws of PK is smaller footprint, cooler looking design, aluminum build; what Weber Master Touch has going for it is lower costs (comes with thermometer, baskets). Ultimately, I know they’ll both cook well.

PK 300 is about $560, plus $45 for the thermometer.

Both running neck and neck for me.

Ask someone knowledgeable in HW how long the Webers last in that environment. That should inform if the PK is worth the extra $$$$…

Last edited:
my old Weber didn't rust out. at least not any of the important parts like the tub. the powder coating is pretty robust if you ask me.

the bolt for the ash sweeper did rust. the grill was just kinda nasty. my younger self really was a lazy person with a grill. ash when wet is apparently very corrosive. hahah.

my old Weber didn't rust out. at least not any of the important parts like the tub. the powder coating is pretty robust if you ask me.

the bolt for the ash sweeper did rust. the grill was just kinda nasty. my younger self really was a lazy person with a grill. ash when wet is apparently very corrosive. hahah.

I didn't know that wet ash is very corrosive?

Yesterday I examined a 22" Weber Kettle Premium at PC Richards just to see the size—not as big as I thought, which was good.

As this is a gift, and in Hawaii, I don't know if my thoughts will help/apply, but around me, in NJ, you can pick up a nice clean used Weber for at least 50% off retail if not more. Grills are something that go on sale on places like facebook market place all of the time around me....
If you can buy a used one, try it out for a while, and then upgrade if it fails to meet your expectation.

I didn't know that wet ash is very corrosive?

Yesterday I examined a 22" Weber Kettle Premium at PC Richards just to see the size—not as big as I thought, which was good.
okay, I am guessing. it is an alkaline right?

As this is a gift, and in Hawaii, I don't know if my thoughts will help/apply, but around me, in NJ, you can pick up a nice clean used Weber for at least 50% off retail if not more. Grills are something that go on sale on places like facebook market place all of the time around me....
If you can buy a used one, try it out for a while, and then upgrade if it fails to meet your expectation.
Good suggestion. However, since it's a gift, I'd rather get something new—don't have time to search classifieds; want something new and shiny; an unassembled grill is easier to transport; my mom would get grossed out knowing that a stranger's food was on the grill.
Outta curiosity, I went to CraigsList, there's only a Weber Kettle Performer in Maui.

Back