Which vendor for handles?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agp

Reaction score
The only handle maker I know is Dr. Ken. However, the work he does is all too busy/colorful for me. Where can we go to just get a simple blonde horn + maple handle?

I think ibuki blade has blonde horn handles sometimes. Otherwise, hitohira-japan and their various dealers should have them.

Ive had good experiences with sugi cutlery and letshandlethis
79957C81-BF24-4168-BB26-0898B1C32253.jpeg
81A8DB2C-32CA-440B-B257-F2F74820A439.jpeg

Not a denka is the one from sugi and the not not a denka is the one from letshandlethis

Another vote for Jobone at Sugi. Just got a beautiful cocobolo and african blackwood handle from him for my (whenever it arrives) Denka. Really beautiful work. Very communicative and open to custom requests.

Ibuki sells 140mm nice burned chestnut handles at a very reasonable price.

Hitohira sells very nice oiled ho/magnolia wood handles with blonde horn options often too.

For fancier handles Sugi is a safe bet.

Plenty of threads on handles. This topic has come up often.
Search button's your friend on this one :)

Ibuki sells 140mm nice burned chestnut handles at a very reasonable price.

Hitohira sells very nice oiled ho/magnolia wood handles with blonde horn options often too.

For fancier handles Sugi is a safe bet.
I really like hitohira handles. Very simple. I have multiple hitohira knives too. But hoping to find a handle vendor that will do installation too, because I can't be trusted to do it well.

I really like hitohira handles. Very simple. I have multiple hitohira knives too. But hoping to find a handle vendor that will do installation too, because I can't be trusted to do it well.
Tosho and JKI do handle installations if I remember correctly. May be Sugi would too if you email them

Joe (Sugi) probably my favorite for custom handles and he does installation too.

Yanagi Knife in New York sells handles at good price. I order few from them the past 2 years, got all vary of sizes for ebony wood with blonde horn and black horn around $30 - $35 each.
https://www.yanagiknife.com/single-buffalo-horn
I also had good experience buying customs handles on Etsy from the seller Bamboog. The handles that Jack makes aren't fancy but just natural color wood and horn, he also does full horn handles too. The prices are decent which is around $40 - $65.

Latest posts

Back