• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yamada wrought gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReiHamono

Vendor
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoshitaka Yamada
Wrought iron / B1
240mmx53mmx4mm
287g
Re-ground Convex
New custom handle: ebony, buffalo horn, nickel
Price includes shipping fees and full coverage insurance etc $950

Knife has never been used at any point.

Unfortunately, I didn’t like the grind and wanted it reground, also had the knife chip when taking it out of my knife rack, wrapped the knife in an unused dry towel for safe keeping and then had the knife almost instantly rust on me.

Knife is now restored to brand new perfect condition with new bevels as seen in the pictures by Yamada himself. Handle replacement by Yamada as well. Knife has never used or polished.

Also, I have revised the price and will absorb the majority of incurred costs.

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1884.jpeg
IMG_1919.jpeg
IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1877.jpeg
IMG_1829.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello,👋🏻

No problem at all, and a good question actually👍🏻

This knife was re-handled and reground by Yamada himself.

Also, it doesn’t help that I chose the nicest most expensive handle he had available, and the fact he had to remove the old handle.

It’s essentially a brand new knife again.

The price reflects the cost of all the extra work and shipping back and forth plus all the selling costs for the potential buyer i.e.PayPal, shipping, full coverage insurance, and signature included as well.

With all that considered I still understand this may be unaffordable for you, so no pressure and I understand Migoto may be a better option for you and my recommendation in that case as Lee is amazing.👍🏻

I really value and enjoy this knife very much, I’m in no rush to sell as a result. But, I might just eat all the extra costs and be at a loss, it’s possible that could change in the future as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you,
Eric

Last edited:
The extra price pays for all of the expenses plus all the future expenses and leaves me with some kind of bargaining room as well.

Just so I'm clear because I'm still considering the knife, what future expenses are bundled along with the knife? Would I need to pay something to Lee or Yamada as well?

Every possible expense is included already that way the price can never go up with any kind of surprise, but usually I try to make some kind of bargain and bring the price down when needed.

I prefer to ship FedEx when feasible, fully insured in case the knife is lost or stolen before destination, all PayPal expenses are on me, also the signature confirmation, etc

I prefer to ship this way, even though it’s very expensive from Hawaii, it just depends on what’s fastest.

It’s cheaper than when I ship to Japan though so I’m not complaining, just making sure I can cover all expenses while having some kind of strong bargaining capability.

Especially when I’m shipping internationally depending on the country, it could be 2 to 3 times more.

I don’t make it publicly known, but I try to adjust my price when requested. It’s very rare that I sell a knife at full price and I do my best to be flexible while still trying to break even when I can.

Last edited:
Back