Your prayers have been answered

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might actually not be as silly as it may seem. Ultrasonic knives are actually used in industrial settings, for example to cut bakery goods. It actually works.... at least on a big fancy machine.

This might actually not be as silly as it may seem. Ultrasonic knives are actually used in industrial settings, for example to cut bakery goods. It actually works.... at least on a big fancy machine.
Oh yeah in industrial settings many things work. Just don't pinch grip this guy or use the other hand to guide the blade. Besides it working is why I posted and why you should send your knives to me, for a reasonable fee I'll take care of them.

I wonder how often it needs to be sharpened, they show it cutting even when relatively dull, but at some point it has to become too dull. I wonder how long that takes.

and why you should send your knives to me, for a reasonable fee I'll take care of them.
OK...I would do the same for an unreasonable fee...:waiting:
Ofc, in that case, I can't promise when your knife would be returned...Meanwhile, you can enjoy sharpening your ultrasonic knife with an ultrasonic whetstone...I have heard Shapton are developing one through crowdfunding...

Finally the solution to the addiction and the disease that is knife buying has been found. Please send your knives to me so I can dispose of them properly you don't need them anymore.

Seriously would love to try that ultrasonic knife for the fun of it. Nope, not disposing of my knives.

Surgeons are using US knifes for decades now, I always wondered why there is nothing similar for food.
Just wonder how that US knife fares with denser stuff, meat should be no issue!

Could be fun if they made an ultrasonic holder that isolates the hand. Let you slot in a blade of your choosing within certain dimensions provided it has no handle, similar to exacto knives. The hot new commission would be handleless knives 😂

Surgeons are using US knifes for decades now, I always wondered why there is nothing similar for food.
Given that it takes them 5 or 10 seconds to cut through a couple of mm of tissue, I won't be shelving my Akebono any time soon.

Do they still use electric scalpels that cauterize as they cut? They used to have those, I remember fixing these with my dad as a kid.

Looks like most people here prefer Japanese knives and most of the world are ok with made in China.

:cool:

As Nemo alluded to, the technologies I’m aware of are more like scissors (e.g. Harmonic) or devices that I erroneously think of as a bit like a waterjet cutter and suction device (e.g. CUSA) than knives - and neither cuts through things quickly. But been a long time since I was in an operating room…

Back