All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby rectangle cheese cleaver
Strawberry for scale
IMG_4031.jpeg

Mirepoix + garlic for a big bolognese. The big rectangle did the brunt of the work but I also took the opportunity to film a few cutting videos using the Newham and Mazaki nakiri for a review of that I am putting together, so all three knives contributed.

DSCF0686.JPG

I‘ve been thinking…

With 4 rectangles incoming, but 2 not making it until end of March, why don’t we rename this thread into „ARM“ instead of „All Rectangle March“? By doing so, I’d have an additional few weeks: April Rectangle Month + All Rectangle May 😁

Wait a second… That would make ARM a whole quarter! ARQ‼️‼️‼️:love2::angel:
I need to make a correction: 5 rectangles incoming. :love:

Chinese Cleavers really are the most versatile Chefs Knive, yet another example.
Took the words right out of my mouth 🤣

I could even see it coming in handy while scooping up money into a duffel bag. Perhaps smacking each stack of money with the cleaver, as you would a piece of garlic, would help you figure out which have dye packs based off the sound it makes?

All hail the mighty rectangles!

I removed all triangles other than paring/petties at the beginning of the month and my wife had a fit after a few hours. So I had to put her favorites back on the rack.

Today I found her chopping Japanese pumpkin (kubocha) with a Toyama 180 Nakiri.

IMG_0368.jpeg

Fried with ground chillis:
IMG_0369.jpeg

Last edited:
@Knot Handcrafted nakiri 185x55mm and Morihei 165mm nakiri at work
prepping the soffrito and other vegetables for a minestrone loosely inspired by the great Marcella Hazan (RIP).
I like to think of ARM as "Appreciate your Rectangles Month" and I do like them rectangles!
Performance-wise the Knot is so much better but I guess the Morihei will be no slouch once properly tuned/thinned.

Attachments

• 20240310_110404.jpg
    20240310_110404.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240310_111755.jpg
    20240310_111755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new participant: my gf *LOVED* the CCK KF1303 (at least until she heard it was a Chinese knife)!

47220706im.jpeg

47220707hi.jpeg

Teach her the claw grip. I can see a digit getting mutilated carrying on like that. Safety first.
You know how it is, when I tell her, she doesn’t listen. Now she read what YOU wrote, and suddenly she asks me to teach her the claw grip. Cheers, mate!

@Knot Handcrafted nakiri 185x55mm and Morihei 165mm nakiri at work
prepping the soffrito and other vegetables for a minestrone loosely inspired by the great Marcella Hazan (RIP).
I like to think of ARM as "Appreciate your Rectangles Month" and I do like them rectangles!
Performance-wise the Knot is so much better but I guess the Morihei will be no slouch once properly tuned/thinned.

Nice setup!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new participant: my gf *LOVED* the CCK KF1303 (at least until she heard it was a Chinese knife)!

47220706im.jpeg

47220707hi.jpeg

You know how it is, when I tell her, she doesn’t listen. Now she read what YOU wrote, and suddenly she asks me to teach her the claw grip. Cheers, mate!

For God's sake man, get our newest Rectangler a proper sized cutting board! 😁

Great stuff. Love it! 👍

Back