American football

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope dumbest was Seahawks Patriots SB.

Do they allow tailgates or serve Cuban sandwich at Tampa Bay?

Anybody want to venture as to who will win SB.
Chefs are giving 3.5 but that doesn't mean anything. Vegas is wrong all the time.

In 2003 Oakland was giving Tampa Bay 6 points won a lot on that game TB had best defense in NFL that year. Oakland had Jerry Rice. TB 48 - Oakland 21.

Defence saved Brady in Green Bay. This not a easy game to pick. Maybe who ever has ball last.

I'm going with Tampa again because their defense playing well & Brady will have some great receivers even if Gronk just blocks the whole game.

Chefs are giving 3.5 but that doesn't mean anything. Vegas is wrong all the time.

In 2003 Oakland was giving Tampa Bay 6 points won a lot on that game TB had best defense in NFL that year. Oakland had Jerry Rice. TB 48 - Oakland 21.

Defence saved Brady in Green Bay. This not a easy game to pick. Maybe who ever has ball last.

I'm going with Tampa again because their defense playing well & Brady will have some great receivers even if Gronk just blocks the whole game.
Truly looking forward to watching this game.

I don’t see mahommes torching that Tampa defense, but also don’t see Brady lighting up the scoreboard either. Tampa put up 30 on the saints because of 4 turnovers. Someone will win 24-21. Your guess is as good as mine.
....Or does Brady pulls off another 28-3 comeback or Mahommes pulls off another 24-0 comeback (remember that Texans game?)
It’s gonna be a fun game.

If just QB in 2021 take Mahomes to me he is the best. Only 3 full seasons, most valuable player first, super bowl win MVP second, & making it to another SB third.

I never thought Buc's would make it to SB this year, they came up the hard way wildcard route.
Defense starters back. Great linebackers, secondary. Jason Pierre Paul he strip sacked Brady in Giants second SB win over Patriots. He gave Rogers a rough time.
He looks very focusd only second time to SB in 10 years. You know Brady loves having him on his side now.

Two excellent black coaches that will win or lose this contest. Todd Bowles TB defense
Eric Bieniemy offense Chiefs.

Both teams major talent, haven't been excited about a SB in a while. In a covid year without my favorite teams Hawks & Saints in it.

tampa leads in the 4th by 2 scores, Mahommes cuts it down to 1 score, gets ball back but tampa defense comes up with the stop. Brady then ices it with a 2nd down play action chain moving throw to AB.

Keith you can't root for 2 NFC teams, ones gotta be AFC lol

If I were forced to bet 10 grand on this game, with the 3.5 line, I would take KC -3.5 10 times out of 10. That line is small because the public (for whom the line is set) believes things like "Brady will win this because magic something something."

Granted, a 3 point line means the favored team wins outright maybe 60% of the time, so it's still nothing like a sure thing.

My feeling is KC goes up big then lets the other team come back, finally winning by 10 or so. As a Dolphins fan (Raised in South Florida), I just want Brady to throw 4 pick-sixes.

Mahomes and his dangerous crew are the smart money for sure.
Tyreek Hill, Kelce, and the rest. 'The rest' being guys who would be outstanding on any other team.

In a way I'm glad it's not Green Bay, always hard to see a team I really like get smeared in the super bowl.
Chiefs better keep the pedal to metal because one thing I'll say about the hated Tom Brady, he does not quit.

Chiefs better keep the pedal to metal because one thing I'll say about the hated Tom Brady, he does not quit.

I will have to swear off American sports "journalism" for a year or so if Brady and the Bucs win the SB. There is no freaking way I will be able to survive it.

I will become an ESPN Outsider - whatever is the furthest from "Insider."

Chiefs 16 Bucs 13

With ten seconds left, Breeland forces a Brady fumble that Wilson recovers. No review. Mahomes kneels for the win, while the broadcast shows tuck rule should’ve been applied.

Brady loses

Chiefs asterisk

Raiders vengeance

Heck was a 49's fan in Montana days. Always liked the Hawks was happy when they finally won SB.

Next year lost to Patriots my least favorite SB

When goofy Eli beat Patriots first SB screwed up their perfect season favorite SB of all time.

I will have to swear off American sports "journalism" for a year or so if Brady and the Bucs win the SB. There is no freaking way I will be able to survive it.

I will become an ESPN Outsider - whatever is the furthest from "Insider."

You can always watch the Tour de France. I'll be glad when world surfing tour gets going again
The Brazilians are dominating these days, at least Carissa Moore from Hawaii won the women's word tour last year.

You can always watch the Tour de France. I'll be glad when world surfing tour gets going again
The Brazilians are dominating these days, at least Carissa Moore from Hawaii won the women's word tour last year.

Brazilian domination feels so strange: I remember (I'm sure you do too, even more clearly) when they'd do great in small events but basically wouldn't show up for heavy waves. Of course, we already had that with Slater - the kid from Florida did pretty well for himself.

Carissa shredding is no surprise of course: 4 time champs don't grow on trees.

Everyone talks about Brady & Jordan being the goats. Kelly Slater 14 world championships.

He was out there with Koa Rothman & John John Florence coupe weeks surfing huge outer reef breaks at 48 yrs. old.

To win world surfing championships not just cutbacks, lip floaters, 360's, you have to be able to surf some heavy waves across the planet.
Pipeline Hawaii & Teahupo'o Tahiti fast waves big barrels over shallow reef. No tricks just make the wave as deep as possible in the tube and hope you make it out. Kelly can still bring it.

Yeh the Brazilians found could not win championships without serious time at Pipeline. Local surfers coaching them last Brazil world champ helped by locals to get good at Pipe.

Everyone talks about Brady & Jordan being the goats. Kelly Slater 14 world championships.

He was out there with Koa Rothman & John John Florence coupe weeks surfing huge outer reef breaks at 48 yrs. old.

To win world surfing championships not just cutbacks, lip floaters, 360's, you have to be able to surf some heavy waves across the planet.
Pipeline Hawaii & Teahupo'o Tahiti fast waves big barrels over shallow reef. No tricks just make the wave as deep as possible in the tube and hope you make it out. Kelly can still bring it.

Yeh the Brazilians found could not win championships without serious time at Pipeline. Local surfers coaching them last Brazil world champ helped by locals to get good at Pipe.

Kelly's a monster. He's won the Eddie, 7 time Pipe Masters champ, multiple Triple Crowns, dominates at Chops, and he practically invented the aerial and half of the other small-wave trickery on the pro tour. I'm pretty sure he was both the youngest and (definitely) the oldest champ ever. Only a fool would argue against his GOAT status. The only domination I can think of that is close is Sébastien Loeb in WRC driving.

LMAO total domination. Respect the GOAT
355605D7-5E8A-4E4A-9693-7191B731E5FD.png

Brady's best play was going to a team that was loaded on both sides.

I liked seeing many players on Buc's team get a SB win. Some have played for years finally got it. The Tongan Vita Vea made a difference in the middle. Recovered from injury to play in SB.

Todd Bowles called perfect defense. He loves to blitz but knew not the way to play Mahomes.

He left two guys deep to aid coverage of Hill & whoever else. That leaves less pass & run stuffers but didn't matter TB lines dominated.

To his credit Brady deferred to players & coaches he left New England because he didn't have team around him.

The refs were total garbage (a couple of those def holding, the PI on M&thieu, the offsides on the field goal) but, given how horrible KC played, it probably wouldn't have made any difference. Congrats to TB and, yes, TB12, who, my personal dislike aside, is and always has been a brilliant player. They played a perfect defensive game and never let Mahomes get into the swing.

If I were forced to bet 10 grand on this game, with the 3.5 line, I would take KC -3.5 10 times out of 10. That line is small because the public (for whom the line is set) believes things like "Brady will win this because magic something something."

Granted, a 3 point line means the favored team wins outright maybe 60% of the time, so it's still nothing like a sure thing.

My feeling is KC goes up big then lets the other team come back, finally winning by 10 or so. As a Dolphins fan (Raised in South Florida), I just want Brady to throw 4 pick-sixes.

I hope you didn’t bet ...

Bill Russell: 11 championships, won a ship in 11 of his 13 years in the league including 8 in a row and two as a player-Coach.

Bill Russell: 11 championships, won a ship in 11 of his 13 years in the league including 8 in a row and two as a player-Coach.

In an 8 team, barely integrated league with no free agency where the best teams could effectively just horde the best players - and the C's were the best at it.

Don't get me wrong, Russell was a god and I'm not taking anything away from him. He's definitely one of the pantheon level dudes who deserves that. It's just that the sport he played was very, very different than it is today.

In an 8 team, barely integrated league with no free agency where the best teams could effectively just horde the best players - and the C's were the best at it.

Don't get me wrong, Russell was a god and I'm not taking anything away from him. He's definitely one of the pantheon level dudes who deserves that. It's just that the sport he played was very, very different than it is today.

its certainly difficult to make comparisons. I would add that he played at the same time as arguably the best offensive player of all time (and biggest diva Maybe).

i think when discussing “Goats” we have a natural recent bias.

Comparing LeBron to Jordan is one example. LeBron is amazing and doesn’t seem to age either but he’d have to win the next 6 championships to surpass Jordan’s rate of winning 0.4 rings per year of his career.

Furthermore, Jordan won every finals series he was in while LeBron lost more than he won. And Jordan played and excelled in an era with much laxer defensive rules. The pistons got away with fouling him every trip down the lane. In today’s game that’s absolutely impossible. Whistle every time.

sorry for the OT

Comparing LeBron to Jordan is one example. LeBron is amazing and doesn’t seem to age either but he’d have to win the next 6 championships to surpass Jordan’s rate of winning 0.4 rings per year of his career.

Furthermore, Jordan won every finals series he was in while LeBron lost more than he won.

sorry for the OT
I hate this argument against LeBron. 10 finals in 17 years v 6 in 15. That's more impressive to me.

Back