Anyone bought from Hocho Knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jville

I used to work in a Mexican restaurant
Reaction score
I wrote them off along time ago when they had the audacity to insanely mark up they KS. I can’t remember the exact price but let’s say around 2k. But they have sone stuff I’m interested in at a pretty good price.

I wrote them off along time ago when they had the audacity to insanely mark up they KS. I can’t remember the exact price but let’s say around 2k. But they have sone stuff I’m interested in at a pretty good price.
The reductions on their Hattori KD30's got you hot and bothered?

Never had a problem with them, I’ve ordered 4 knives from them and they all came as pictured, with no discernible problems or issues.

They sent me a bent knife. It was a $500+ purchase, they did not want to reimburse me so I had to file through PayPal claim but I still had to pay to ship it back to Japan which was very expensive.

I bought one knife from Hocho last year. After I placed my order, they emailed to inform me that the handle on my knife was not the same as was pictured on the website. They sent me pics and asked if I wanted to cancel my order or go ahead with it. They even gave me a small refund because the knife with the different handle was slightly cheaper (it came out to like $2 cheaper lol). So everything went smooth and I received my order quickly.

I bought a Kei Kobayashi knife from them and it arrived looking fine from the outside but the packaging inside the knife box wasn't up to standard so the handle lacquer had rubbed a bit against the roof of the box and made a dull spot. If someone is unlucky it could lead to worse damage on another knife.

They only reply to questions after you purchase their stuff, their cancellation policy is kind weird. (15% restocking fee after 24 hours) Tho they do delivery the knife you buy.
One other thing, I bought the same Kobayashi Kei from him, the knife itself is as described and at the time cheaper than others, so I can’t complain. Tho they sold me a saya that barely fit and scratch up the knife quite quick.

Back