Chinese handles?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noideaatall1

Reaction score
These don't look half bad? Has anyone tried them?
UTB8.DuevFPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaq.jpg

I'm not a fan of that colour scheme either. But that's just personal preference. Otherwise, they look good.

Too gaudy for me, I'm a fan of natural-finish wood but someone may like them.

I would hope there is a protective finish of some kind, because if that's a surface color stain, it might wear off with enough use over time. That's not a concern with ho wood or hardwood handles.

Too gaudy for me, I'm a fan of natural-finish wood but someone may like them.

I would hope there is a protective finish of some kind, because if that's a surface color stain, it might wear off with enough use over time. That's not a concern with ho wood or hardwood handles.

its probably color in the stabilizing plastic. i hate it too.

Based on the description it talks about compressed wood and dye, seems like an Ikea(ish) construction.
Just curious from a health and safety perspective, would it be more prone to harbor bacteria?

I think the maker has potential if he/she refines his aesthetic sense over time, assuming the price is very economical compared to other western handle makers of course

I wonder why sashimi-knife handles, rather than handles for Chinese-style knives?

I wonder why sashimi-knife handles, rather than handles for Chinese-style knives?

The average ‘chef’s knife’ here costs well under 22US, handle replacements cost under a dollar. The middle class buys expensive knifes almost exclusively from zwilling [sic] hobbiests are weeaboos and rare, expensive knife collectors are 90% home management guys buying ‘art’ for a billionaires mansion.

Back