Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0B7768A4-9541-4EEB-8F39-29F94355B13E.jpeg

It’s of its own special kind.

Basically I’m impressed with many things. First, I saw a lot of grinds and that of Shi.Han old stock 52100, even thinned, doesn’t look like it cuts. Even OOTB when it seemed so thick, it could do wonders. Nowadays it breezes through what little hindered it before.

Food separation is excellent. I worked hard to keep it that way and even enhance it, but everything was just there.

I have an OG on the right side that just started to fill out after the last of many progressions. Yet the bevelling is excellent, easy to follow and push up. So even as I now almost touch it, it was no trouble keeping the kanji chiseling intact.

It has the old sexier Shi.Han kanji. 😜

Steel can take and keep an edge. Quite the edge and quite the keep at that. Any kind of edge. I sharpened it back in the days to angles you wouldn’t believe - and it was a rock even there. Retention wasn’t so good there but quite impressive still.

And I could go on about weight and body at grip, finish, full machi/rather spacious neck…

64530CD2-BF38-46F0-920B-079F4D949804.jpeg

That is nowadays…

Is there anything specific about the knife that you can pinpoint to why you love it so much?

Last edited:
Back