Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine the violent patina his cladding takes kinda covers your lovely work pretty quickly
Speaking of, this is it after a steak this morning.

20240217_162535.jpg

Received a TNH G3 HH today and working on making a “Suiboku at home”. Love the subtle convexity this guy has. Did kind of a mid job erasing all the lower grit scratches before etching so will revisit this project but happy with how it looks for a first effort. Would appreciate any tips with etching stainless and leaving interesting patterns!

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_1457.jpeg

IMG_1462.jpeg

Received a TNH G3 HH today and working on making a “Suiboku at home”. Love the subtle convexity this guy has. Did kind of a mid job erasing all the lower grit scratches before etching so will revisit this project but happy with how it looks for a first effort. Would appreciate any tips with etching stainless and leaving interesting patterns!

View attachment 301766
View attachment 301767
View attachment 301768

Not sure if there is an etching thread that this would be more suited or if videos are allowed here but I polished the TNH HH a bit more and attempted a different acid concentration and am pretty happy with the results! It’s no Suiboku but it’s visually interesting to me

IMG_1494.jpeg

IMG_1495.jpeg

IMG_1496.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back