Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New one came in a few months ago so got an updated pic with the variety of handles and blade finishes on knives I've got from Milan Gravier. Of course inspired by @daddy yo yo

From left to right clockwise: Bocote and twisted deep etch dirty wrought, Padduk and clean wrought, Royal Loas ebony and clean wrought kurouchi, African blackwood and deep etch dirty wrought, Olivewood and dirty wrought, Local wine barrel oak and soft iron nashiji

IMG_3357.jpg

New one came in a few months ago so got an updated pic with the variety of handles and blade finishes on knives I've got from Milan Gravier. Of course inspired by @daddy yo yo

From left to right clockwise: Bocote and twisted deep etch dirty wrought, Padduk and clean wrought, Royal Loas ebony and clean wrought kurouchi, African blackwood and deep etch dirty wrought, Olivewood and dirty wrought, Local wine barrel oak and soft iron nashiji

View attachment 314620
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S ‼️

View attachment 314620
so this is where all the Milans have gone!!

Thanks, that’s helpful. I have seen him refer to ‘laser’ on instagram and wondered whether there was a distinction between laser and laser pony. This clears it up!
Oh, I started with three names. There was too much variation in what people thought of as a "medium grind", so I split it down the middle some time ago:
  • Thin- - - - - - - - - -> Laser
  • Medium (thin) - - -> Laser Pony
  • Medium (thick)- - -> Work Pony
  • Thick - - - - - - - - -> Work Horse
Even though I don't make them anymore, I kinda wanna call the thick one a Chonky Donkey now... 🤣

Last edited:
Oh, I started with three names. There was too much variation in what people thought of as a "medium grind", so I split it down the middle some time ago:
Even though I don't make them anymore, I kinda wanna call the thick one a Chonky Donkey now... 🤣
Thank you!! Now I really understand!

How do you like the Dam and Moberg. Both have been on my radar and not as common round here. I’m on Christians books for an integral in the next month or so….

The Dam is quite new to me, a chunky little workhorse I purchased from a finnish seller here on KKF a week or so ago. I like it a lot so far.

The Moberg was purchased directly from the maker, as I described in the thread about the Swedish Knife Expo. I've been meaning to make a review but it has yet to happen. It's a long and wide, yet light, thin and nible knife wit a clear laser feeling. The handiwork seems impeccable to me.

PXL_20240412_142747439.jpg
PXL_20240412_142752530.jpg
PXL_20240412_142800781.jpg

Laser Pony ---> Just Right

Laser Pony ---> Just Right
I’m of a different opinion… mine is Workpony>Laserpony by a smidge. It seems like a lot of folks here like their LP more. Maybe because it’s just variations in my copies.
This choil comparison also has me believing why it is so:
IMG_1620.jpeg

Guess which one is the LP?

It’s the one on the left🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
I’m of a different opinion… mine is Workpony>Laserpony by a smidge. Maybe because it’s just variations in my copies.
View attachment 314854

don't care to figure it out. I've got a Laser Pony and it's Just Right(tm)

Will respect the new naming convention and refer to mine from here forth as a chunky donkey! Thanks for the clarification Jules. Do you gave a preference for one of the grinds?

I’m of a different opinion… mine is Workpony>Laserpony by a smidge. It seems like a lot of folks here like their LP more. Maybe because it’s just variations in my copies.
View attachment 314854

It’s the one on the left🤷🏻‍♂️
Do you have the specs? My alleged LP is 211g which is heavier than some WPs I have seen. Could be the handle but I feel the weight difference between the two might be marginal

These can be shipped to the US?
I got them off an app called Tavour. I highly recommend if you like beer you can't find elsewhere. They shipped to me in Washington in like 2 days. It looks like its gone now though. I am drinking 1, saving 1 to open when my Kamon is ready. The third I may list on BST for a few hundred or trade for a Bidinger 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ziegelböck 240 / 51 / 220g again.

47413433ma.jpeg

47413434fm.jpeg

Ikea bread knife:

47413442pi.jpeg

And those are the things my parents in law actually call knives:

47413443ya.jpeg

:facepalm:

I gave my mother in law a Tojiro DP a while ago. You can’t imagine her face when she first cut with it!!! :love:

And my father in law is not allowed to use it. And it’s good that way. :angel:

Last edited:
And the wakui 180 v2 iron clad ku has arrived! Oval handle isn't hitting my hand right but i'll give it some test cuts and see if a rehandle might be in order.

1 - Wakui - Right Side.jpg

2 - Wakui - finish.jpg

3 - Wakui - WoodBG.jpg

4 - Wakui - Choil.jpg

The ku finish kinda looks more like the matte stainless variety to me, but we'll see what happens in use. I definitely ordered the v2 version with iron cladding and that's what the invoice in the box says 🤷‍♂️

And the wakui 180 v2 iron clad ku has arrived! Oval handle isn't hitting my hand right but i'll give it some test cuts and see if a rehandle might be in order.

View attachment 315325

View attachment 315326

View attachment 315327

View attachment 315328

The ku finish kinda looks more like the matte stainless variety to me, but we'll see what happens in use. I definitely ordered the v2 version with iron cladding and that's what the invoice in the box says 🤷‍♂️
If you got a new handle I will take the oval lol, love burnt chestnut and D

Visited my old man this weekend and gave the J-knife I gifted to him a few years ago a once over.

It ain’t pretty, but there are no chips and I’ve seen worse sharpening from people who have put an awful lot more time into practicing than him.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1768.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Back