Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Wunderer
33648697qy.jpg

It is not only a knife, not only a tool. It is a piece of art and a piece of history. Seriously, one of the most beautiful knives I have ever seen. I am happy for you that you were lucky enough to get this unicorn!

Was up in the middle of the knife and rearranged one of my knife strips …

View attachment 176883
Rader
Lisch
Hazenberg
Lisch
Carter
Bloodroot
Maumasi
Burke
Horn

Some are new and will make an appearance in New Knives when I think of a meal to welcome them to the family. All are great.
That Rader kills me!!!

That maumasi remains one of my favorite looking knives of all time, handle ties in with the Damascus beautifully!

Was up in the middle of the night and rearranged one of my knife strips …

View attachment 176883
Rader
Lisch
Hazenberg
Lisch
Carter
Bloodroot
Maumasi
Burke
Horn

Some are new and will make an appearance in New Knives when I think of a meal to welcome them to the family. All are great.

Was up in the middle of the night and rearranged one of my knife strips …

View attachment 176883
Rader
Lisch
Hazenberg
Lisch
Carter
Bloodroot
Maumasi
Burke
Horn

Wow.

Is that Maumasi a new addition? The handle looks gorgeous and really nicely proportioned.

Is that Maumasi a new addition? The handle looks gorgeous and really nicely proportioned.

No … I’ve actually had the Maumasi for a couple of years. It’s due a spa treatment but I’ve been reluctant to ship it with the way Covid disrupted shipping over the past couple of years. It’s definitely one of my treasures.

A friend's Sukenari Ginsan in a K-Tip 210mm just like mine HAP-40. Ordered from JCK and received in Canada within 10 days and no customs. On my recommendation, but I had never dealt with JCK before so that was quite the trick I was banking on.

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Thought it an interesting addition to all of my reporting on Sukenari so far, which I guess would be best condensed here:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...enari-hap-40-migaki-hairline-vs-as-sg2.57152/
Mostly because I've never seen a Sukenari SO THIN behind the edge... like my AS the best of them nothing close.

Sukenari K-Tip 240mm (SG2) (From Cook's Edge 12/2020)
Choil.JPG

Sukenari 225mm (AS) (From KNS 07/2021)
006_Choil 1.jpg

Sukenari K-Tip 210mm (HAP) (From Cook's Edge 11/2021)
017_ChoilHAP.jpg

Sukenari K-Tip 210mm (Ginsan) (from JCK 03/2022)
IMG_1846.jpg

Don't know if it's a new stance for Sukenari or just sheer roll of dices. Mind you, when I got to see said friend in person again, the edge was already bent over, but she still claimed it cutted well so I didn't insist. I brought a Matsubara Ginsan that thin back in the days. Will sure always seem to cut well for a noob, but I had got a rolled edge as well pretty fast.

This one will always be reminded by me despite its bad edge state when I met it because it still got us to cut stuff towards a first experiment with a full blown pizza oven:

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

We were still getting our **** right about it but this above was our nicest one. All of them though we gulped in sheer silence. Amazing...

Back