Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tips rarely last long when I get a knife I guess lol

The Bidinger magnacut has be inaugurated to the family

Oooof my bidinger A2 had the exact same thing happen to it. Was cutting and the tip grazed a nearby cast iron pan while I was scooting stuff off the board. Hard steel and insane distal taper does not a durable tip make. Good news is his distal is so strong that you’re still left with a plenty thin tip !

Oooof my bidinger A2 had the exact same thing happen to it. Was cutting and the tip grazed a nearby cast iron pan while I was scooting stuff off the board. Hard steel and insane distal taper does not a durable tip make. Good news is his distal is so strong that you’re still left with a plenty thin tip !
Definitely. It's pretty cool to see them push these steels as well, love the nail flexing edge. Plenty of thinness left at the tip.

Hey Culinary Warriors!

Do you find yourself breaking tips? Do those delicate pointy little ends sometimes get you down? Maybe you don't knock them off but even worse, bend them and then have to either deal with flimsy tips or just suck it up and grind them away.

The tip. Just the tip. Amiright?

Well, we've got great news Kitchen Samurai!

It's time to GRO. The Global Rectangle Organization understands you and welcomes you.

Break those pointy tip shackles and join the literal trillions of people and other beings who have already discovered the wonders of the no-point knife. Become a Rectangler today and be embraced by a welcoming community.

Our next event is just weeks away so don't miss out! No subscription required and we'll never ask for your personal information. Well, unless you have sock and knife pics and a monthly subscription service... Uh hum... I mean...

Rectanglers tip wait staff, not knives!

Join us for All Rectangle March (ARM) 2024. We can't wait to have you!

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/all-rectangle-march.63694/
The board of GRO, the founders and members of ARM and all associated organizations are not responsible for any claims expressed or implied in any promotional posts. Any statements that pointy knives suck and are for sissy sheep followers are unproven and offered as third-party opinions only. Kitchen Samurai and home cooks should choose their knives based on their own preferences but should also know that not choosing a rectangle may subject them to certain judgement and scrutiny.

:)

Last edited:
A Tsunehisa 210mm with aogami super steel in the core, according to the person I bought it from. The handle is from BladesKnivesandStuff ... but it was already attached when I purchased it.

PXL_20240203_082512492.jpg
PXL_20240203_082516751.jpg
PXL_20240203_082525933.jpg

Took a couple of pictures since I considered offering it up for a trade, but then I realized I didn't really want the other knife that was offered. I think I'm satiesfied at the moment. Weird feeling.

One of the two @Knot Handcrafted mini cleavers finished up, going to be for my brother. Ended up doing a full spa treatment with spine/choil, dialed in the profile and light thinning BTE (to be fair, I purposely asked for a little more substantial to allow for adjustment), brushed refinish, and a cute little burnt oak mono to top it off.

The grind up the blade on these are great thin midweight. Really happy with how it turned out, and I think my brother is gonna be stoked.

185x75mm, 256g AEB-L

PXL_20240207_221954393.jpg
PXL_20240207_221832963.jpg
PXL_20240207_221811255.jpg
PXL_20240207_222009359.jpg
PXL_20240207_224634511.jpg
PXL_20240207_221900436~2.jpg

Halcyon Forge, 230mm feather dammy. Possibly the most beautiful knife I've ever held, pictures don't entirely do it justice. The performance is lovely as well.

CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO

Per Joe:
Personally, I think it’s a fantastic knife you will be happy with it no doubt. Easily some of my best work
I would like to hold it until Friday before shipping, I have a small local publication coming out to shoot some video and do a little snippet on me and I would love to show that one off. Would that be okay for you?

Attachments

• hf-dammy-blade-a.jpeg
    hf-dammy-blade-a.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • hf-dammy-blade-b.jpeg
    hf-dammy-blade-b.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • hf-dammy-choil.jpeg
    hf-dammy-choil.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • hf-dammy-full-a.jpeg
    hf-dammy-full-a.jpeg