Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post SB party desire to rub rocks on metal. (I got yelled at to stop making noise and come to bed almost immediately after this pic)

20240211_235826.jpg

Coticule and AEB-L release serotonin I don't make the rules.

I don't gush over knives too much anymore, but by God, this Sugimoto 6 I picked up from kpham is really friggin good. I was never a clever guy, but this is the one that could make a convert out of me.

I had a dozen extra eggs (thanks, backyard chickens!), some potatoes and onions in the pantry. So that means it's Tortilla Espanol time!

20240212_192543.jpg

20240212_193952.jpg
20240212_202538.jpg
20240212_203006.jpg

I don't gush over knives too much anymore, but by God, this Sugimoto 6 I picked up from kpham is really friggin good. I was never a clever guy, but this is the one that could make a convert out of me.

I had a dozen extra eggs (thanks, backyard chickens!), some potatoes and onions in the pantry. So that means it's Tortilla Espanol time!

View attachment 300108

View attachment 300109View attachment 300110View attachment 300111
That was my first Sugimoto. It was being sold on consignment by Takeshi from Aframes Tokyo for a customer who had bought it in Japan and brought it back to Hawaii but never got around to using it. It became my main “practice knife” for learning how to thin cleavers and I messed around with it a lot, thinning and fine tuning until I got it just right. I’m so glad it’s getting a lot of board time!

Also, the tortilla looks great, I haven’t made one in a while, will have to whip one up this week.

That was my first Sugimoto. It was being sold on consignment by Takeshi from Aframes Tokyo for a customer who had bought it in Japan and brought it back to Hawaii but never got around to using it. It became my main “practice knife” for learning how to thin cleavers and I messed around with it a lot, thinning and fine tuning until I got it just right. I’m so glad it’s getting a lot of board time!

Also, the tortilla looks great, I haven’t made one in a while, will have to whip one up this week.
You really did an excellent job. Not one potato slice stuck during those cuts. Glided through them like a hot knife through butter. Pure bliss.

I simply must acquire one of these bigguns. Is that a @tostadas handle or did you make/order it yourself? It's lovely.

Thank you. Yup it is an awesome blade and you are correct. I got the beautiful Koa handle from @tostadas. Feels excellent in my hand.

If you like a big blade I think this maybe the one.

I simply must acquire one of these bigguns. Is that a @tostadas handle or did you make/order it yourself? It's lovely.
Thank you. Yup it is an awesome blade and you are correct. I got the beautiful Koa handle from @tostadas. Feels excellent in my hand.

If you like a big blade I think this maybe the one.
Yep, it was this one. @Rideon66 did a great job on the install.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...s-finished-handle-projects.49832/post-1032869

Back