Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're comparing to K1 or K1M then yes. But here we slso have cheaper models that are ground very similar.

Even comparing to Opinel's own folding knives, those are also ground a lot better while still being really cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised if their kitchen knives are OEMed elsewhere.
I’d love to try some cheap Herder and compare.

Pork rib roast patina party. Is it cheating? Perhaps.

1000033168.jpg

1000033164.jpg

1000033163.jpg

Randomly took a picture of the knives I use. Idk if it’s of any interest, but it goes as follows. From the left:

• Heldqvist Kiridashi in wrought iron (think the core it’s 26C3)
• Wakui kasumi 240 WH iron clad and W2
(Old profile and grind)
• Gyuto 240 in Wrought iron and 26C3
• Heldqvist 225 gyuto in wrought iron and 26C3
• Radiona 235 gyuto in wrought and Apex Ultra
• Merion 230 gyuto in wrought and 1.2562

Attachments

• IMG_9943.jpeg
    IMG_9943.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Update on my new deba. The handle that I was suppose to use didn’t fit but luckily I have a spare Ebony handle just hanging around. So this worked out well. Also painted and sealed the magnolia saya.
IMG_1897.jpeg

Also worked on the Nigara Ginsan which took a beating this whole week at work. Played with uchigumori finger stone a little bit and gave it a new edge since I accidentally torqued it and hit a hard bone with it.
IMG_1891.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m jealous. I wish I have a side job I can just go somewhere and cut the $hit out of a bunch of produces and get paid. Even if I don’t get paid, it would be good lol

Business idea: rebrand cooking class as group therapy for yuppies, $200 per 2 hour session to participate in sensory evaluation, Zen and the Art of Cutting (technique closely supervised), de-stressing through guided meditation and light stretching while the oven runs, finally healthy ego affirmation / personal brand-building on Instagram.

Then an optional speed dating round while you eat

Last edited:
Update on my new deba. The handle that I was suppose to use didn’t fit but luckily I have a spare Ebony handle just hanging around. So this worked out well. Also painted and sealed the magnolia saya. View attachment 305764

Also worked on the Nigara Ginsan which took a beating this whole week at work. Played with uchigumori finger stone a little bit and gave it a new edge since I accidentally torqued it and hit a hard bone with it.View attachment 305768
You did such a great job on this one. Absolutely beautiful work my friend.

Did you mount the handle slightly angled (i.e. not parallel to the spine)?

The handle looks gorgeous, once again!!!
Yea there's a few angles involved in this one that make it look that way. The front and back edges of the knife are angled, and the handle has a taper too. I'll get a few pics later from other angles

Did you mount the handle slightly angled (i.e. not parallel to the spine)?

The handle looks gorgeous, once again!!!
Yea there's a few angles involved in this one that make it look that way. The front and back edges of the knife are angled, and the handle has a taper too. I'll get a few pics later from other angles
Here's a photo from dead on straight. The center of the handle is aligned parallel to the spine, but since it tapers, the top of the heel is a bit higher and the bottom of the heel is a bit lower.

PXL_20240309_203449722~2.jpg
PXL_20240309_203523498.jpg

Back