Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazenberg nakiri

43381465-861A-4937-A8CB-9B39565F9AC8.jpeg

Kamon vs Salmon

Fresh, wild caught king salmon is harder and harder to find these days. I love the stuff though, plus it’s insanely healthy for you. Pure Food sends them next day out out Washington state, where they come in every day from Alaska. The freshest salmon I’ve ever handled! I used half for jerky, the other half for fillets. My butchery game needs some work, but it sure is fun practicing.View attachment 171471

View attachment 171468
Bruh…

Last edited:

Siblings 😍 Have wanted a yo Shigefusa gyuto for some time. That this one is a kitaeji is just the cherry on top.

Will probably move the kasumi 210 on to a new home. It's been a killer knife, but I just can't justify having two in the same size.

Matsubara 214x58mm in white#1. Original grind was a bit wonky but I really like the profile and size of it. I rounded the pointy heel and also did a thinning session (before and after below). Been using it for the past couple days and absolutely loving it. It will get the refinishing it deserves in due time.

PXL-20220404-225959739.jpg

thinning.jpg

Me pondering over my collection making sure I was okay with selling some...

1.jpg

Lacking my Sukenari HAP-40 K-Tip 210mm Gyuto, at this moment with a friend of mine, but soon to come home and not up for grabs anyway...

So... Bottom to top, right to left (yeah Right to Left, so beware you're following it adequately) :

2.jpg

S. Tanaka S3 150mm petty, Yoshikane SKD-12 165mm Bunka, Kaji-Bei A#2 SS Clad 165mm Santoku, M. Kurosaki SG2 180mm Bunka...

Yeah had a fit with the Bunka shape. Also a few Nakiris and this picture is just but timely lacking a Wakui Migaki W#2 Nakiri (sold to a lady friend of mine) that stayed with me for 3 months. Wakui was superb but she loved it so much more than I that it was quite an easy decision to let it go to a low price.

3.jpg

... Wakui A#2 iron clad 210mm, S. Tanaka A#2 SS Clad 210mm, Sukenari AS 225mm, Shi.Han 52100 mono 210mm, HSC/// AEB-L mono 225mm.

I've come to a point where EVERYTHING there was likely for BST up to 4 units overall, and had to start choosing...

4.jpg

Yeah even those two precious at the left. Even my Shi.Han is considered up for grabs until only my heart can weigh in otherwise. And I'm heartless these days. Too much money into it, not enough use, the name of the game every year around.

5.jpg

A decision was made. BST up and running as I'm writting this. Sukenari HAP back home something like tomorrow and I can't wait for its return.

Lending knives is disquieting. Don't know in what state they'll be back in. But real showing... do I really miss that knife? Is it tougher than I pegged it for (good test really)? What do I care so much about any knife I own.

Lending units around even my most prized ones have done destroying the very last illusion left with me.

I am no collector. This is no collection. This is up for grabs stuff at any moment but my very whisms...

I am not a collector... I am a buyer of something else, ready to try a bit of everything, ready to sell it back at any point. Some knives have convinced me they're great AND adapted to my style, and stayed with me the while, and yet they still end up for grabs at some point.

Next are yet another two or three of these going BST... IDK but it'll come.

Back