Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you liking the Masakane? Been on a bit of an NOS kick, lately, and these are tempting me...

Beautiful photography, too. :cool:
It is quite nice, to be honest. I call it a refreshing alternative to a soulless Victorinox. Fit and finish is on par with any TF.

I’d say definitely worth the money as long as you don’t have to pay expensive shipping and customs/tax during import as I had to…

It is quite nice, to be honest. I call it a refreshing alternative to a soulless Victorinox. Fit and finish is on par with any TF.

I’d say definitely worth the money as long as you don’t have to pay expensive shipping and customs/tax during import as I had to…
How is the bias on these? Would they work for a lefty?

Tetogi in denmark carry Masakane though they don't have many available at the moment.
I do like SK steel very much. Have a Kanetsune 180mm gyuto and it really is one of my better knives at 40$ (>10y). SK steel is plenty good for the home cook i dare say.

Just a random stainless Nakiri from one of those used Japanese knife dealers on ebay, but it's super thin and seems to hold a super sharp edge. The occasion was my eldest daughter's birthday.

Attachments

• 20230416_123701.jpg
    20230416_123701.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Had to make an exception to A1A, and use this Daou Vaou big daddy slicer to break down 70 lbs of pork butt into chunks for sausage. Handled it with ease. I sharpened it on a coarse jnat followed by monzen jnat.
DDCEBB50-9FB8-4E55-AC60-4AD729F972D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back