Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New @KAMON Knives - @martinhuber collab knife in action:

45578362vg.jpeg

45578363jm.jpeg

45578364uz.jpeg

The correct answer to when to use it is: Whenever the hell you want! It will deliver.

I second this. They’re awesome. Funny to think these two are basically the same weight (324g vs 326g). Both great cutters with nice weight behind the cut. 290 Halcyon and 220 Kamon

IMG_8244.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg
IMG_8206.jpeg

IMG_8237.jpeg

Last edited:
nice! who are the makers?
First 3 I gotta dig up and label one of these days.. they’re older for sure, yanagi is togashi’s white #1 under hitohira and the honesuki is Hatsukokoro by toru/myojin sr.

Man. I thought double bevel geometry is tough. These feel like there’s just huge amounts of steel that have to come off to accept a polish. The blotchy KU deba was reground by @refcast - friggin gold standard geometry, something to strive for on the rest.

Just some snaps from today…

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Epicure ”Hi-Carbon Stainless Steel” knives, thinned and left them in that wabisabi state instead of polishing the sides. Like a night and day difference between now and then, reduced wedging in an insane way. Not lasers though but… me happy.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Daily use knives, CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S. & ZT0452CF.

Mine still hasn’t arrived. The wait + this hype is killing me. What are you two liking so much about them?
Good thickness at the spine, great handle size/weight, carefree use with the etching, thin BTE but not too thin it feels fragile, good grind for food release. All in all, this punches way above its price point

Mine still hasn’t arrived. The wait + this hype is killing me. What are you two liking so much about them?
Trying not to overhype it too much… 😂 But for me it comes down to the pure silkiness of how it cuts especially towards the tip (horizontal onion cuts are 😘) without any sense of brittleness or fragility. Very nimble and well-balanced — and refreshingly unprecious after having probably bought a few too many fancy-looking wrought iron blades recently.

Last edited:
Back