Eamon Burke knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my DT itk & Butch Harner gyuto back from Eamon! It's has been a long time and I almost forgot how nice these knives feel! I want to thanks everyone here & specially thanks Marko making a saya for the Butch gyuto.:2thumbsup:

really great news! Good day to be cclin :doublethumbsup:

THANKS!! :laugh:
I was sad because Eamon won't reply any of my e-mail.... I'm so surprise to see a package from Burke cutlery pop up on my front door!!

Congrats Charles, so glad they found their way home.

I'm so happy to see people helping each others and i'm glad every one got their knives back :)

Jeez, that ITK profile's so flat it's borderline with having a bird's beak!

Looks like that ITK has been sharpened a few times.

Very glad to see that you got your knives back.

Thanks Eamon.

Hoss

Dear Gentlepersons,

I'm going to be taking a combo work trip and vacation at the end of next week. This will keep me away from my home for several weeks (3-5), which will prevent me from putting any of these items in the post. It might however, give me the opportunity to drop some things off in person.

Just wanted to let you all know with a bit of warning.

Looks like Taz did about 70% of the work on the Sayas today! Still need a bit of sanding, a couple of coats of finish, etc. There are pics available on his photobucket account.

Do you all want holes pre-drilled for pins?
What are we going to do for pins, actually?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'll get 4 blades out the door today/tomorrow, 2 with the custom materials for the handles.

Thanks again to Don Nguyen, Mike Davis, and Bill Burke! for volunteering their valuable time and skills to bring this project to a successful close.

Will try to get another package ready tomorrow with 3 blades for John Thomas.

That will complete the list of folks that WillC identified for "the whole process."

Sorry Guys I have neglected this. Have been dealing with a pretty important thing for my business, its a good thing, ill let you all know in due course as things evolve.
Anyway here is where we are
Whole process

John Thomas 3
Bill burke 1
Don Nguyen 1
Mike Davis 2
Will Catcheside 2
T.B.London 2
Johnny 2?
Marko 2?

That would be all 15 covered.
Z I see you have sent out some pm's thank you. You have been a rock. Could you all make sure you send you shipping info to Zweifel.
Mine and T.B's can go together. I'll send you my details and notes so I don't get charged duty on them.
Some are going to Tim? Can Tim post them on to makers from there.
How is the postage kitty doing? Will we have enough to cover postage for this first stage at the moment?
Cheers All
Will

Sorry Guys I have neglected this. Have been dealing with a pretty important thing for my business, its a good thing, ill let you all know in due course as things evolve.
Anyway here is where we are
Whole process

John Thomas 3
Bill burke 1
Don Nguyen 1
Mike Davis 2
Will Catcheside 2
T.B.London 2
Johnny 2?
Marko 2?

That would be all 15 covered.
Z I see you have sent out some pm's thank you. You have been a rock. Could you all make sure you send you shipping info to Zweifel.
Mine and T.B's can go together. I'll send you my details and notes so I don't get charged duty on them.
Some are going to Tim? Can Tim post them on to makers from there.
How is the postage kitty doing? Will we have enough to cover postage for this first stage at the moment?
Cheers All
Will

Thanks Will! Tim has 3 of the blades. I believe he, Johnny Chance, and Marko(?) are going to finish them and put handles on them, so I don't expect us to need to ship them on from there.

Here's the tally right now:

Tim/Johnny/Marko: 3 Received
Bill Burke: 1 Posted Tomorrow(including walnut burl for mc2442)
Don Nguyen: 1 Posted Tomorrow
Mike Davis: 2 Posted Tomorrow (including Ironwood scales for Pensacola Tiger)
John Thomas: 3 getting shipping info from Devin, will probably include KOA from choll
Will/TB_London: 4 getting shipping info, will include various partially finished handles from Eamon

That tallies to 14, due to the 3 sent to Tim for the Sayas...I can ship one or more to Tim/Johnny/Marko if that's what makes the most sense.

The Kitty is pretty good right now, the total after today's shipping is $259.79 I'm not sure what the shipping to the UK will be, but the average here in the states has been ~$10.

HTH!
Z

Last edited:
John Thomas: 3 getting shipping info from Devin, will probably include KOA from choll
Will/TB_London: 4 getting shipping info, will include various partially finished handles from Eamon

Have shipping info for these, will post tomorrow. Once I confirm with Tim/JohnnyChance, I'll ship the remaining blade and 4 blocks (Choll's Koa, and 3 ironwood blocks donated by Son) for these 4.

That should be all of the blades.

There is still a significant amount of material left after this. Any ideas for what to do with it all? It includes several stones in good condition, some nice leather for strops, and several pieces of interesting, but unstabilized wood.

Thanks everyone for doing this, You guys are awesome. Now who wants to make me some sayas.lol Got no more money and nothing else to give away. counted all the knives I originally traded for sayas and rehandle work and it comes out to 11 sayas and 2 rehandles. If anyone is interested I would be most appreciative if not I understand, I'll just old school them (cardboard and electrical tape.lol Maybe I can find some really big mouse traps.

Thanks Will! Tim has 3 of the blades. I believe he, Johnny Chance, and Marko(?) are going to finish them and put handles on them, so I don't expect us to need to ship them on from there.

Here's the tally right now:

Tim/Johnny/Marko: 3 Received
Bill Burke: 1 Posted Tomorrow(including walnut burl for mc2442)
Don Nguyen: 1 Posted Tomorrow
Mike Davis: 2 Posted Tomorrow (including Ironwood scales for Pensacola Tiger)

That tallies to 14, due to the 3 sent to Tim for the Sayas...I can ship one or more to Tim/Johnny/Marko if that's what makes the most sense.

The Kitty is pretty good right now, the total after today's shipping is $259.79 I'm not sure what the shipping to the UK will be, but the average here in the states has been ~$10.

HTH!
Z

Thank you all for doing this! Especially Bill :doublethumbsup:

I haven't been checking the forum as I am getting ready to move to japan as early as this fall to as late as this winter. I just want to thank the people who got this rolling, the folks who are volunteering their time and efforts, the members who have donated. An amazing group of individuals here no doubt.

If any of the folks who have helped out have an interest in any of those things, just give it to them as a token of appreciation.

Or put it up for sale. Or list it, have people make a single bid for the items they're interested in, and sell to the highest bidder. I'm not sure if there are still outstanding costs. If there is extra money, it could also be given to some of the good folks who helped out on this. I suspect some folks might be extra generous with their bids, being inspired by all the graciousness and teamwork of all those who have been working on this project.

There is still a significant amount of material left after this. Any ideas for what to do with it all? It includes several stones in good condition, some nice leather for strops, and several pieces of interesting, but unstabilized wood.

I'd be interested in strops or stones. Would be willing to bid or send in another contribution.

Back