• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD (EU) Microtech L.U.D.T. (OTS pocket knife)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going through a "phase" of pocket knives part of which is buying and selling. I have for sale basically new Microtech LUDT that I used only on a few pieces of cardboard. It is a great knife, but I did not bond with it enough to be willing to get special tools for disassembly and convert it to a manual opening knife (what can be done by removing the spring). What makes this knife unique is the tall flat grind that ends at one of the thinnest edges you will find on a pocket knife. I have payed 330€ for this knife (8660 CZK).

Condition
With exception of a few traces on the blade coating the knife is new. I bought it new on 17th of November 2020 from Moskito.cz - a large online shop in CZ that is official Microtech distributor. I will provide a receipt so one can claim the warranty later down the road without problems. For actual condition of the knife please see the photos and video. I did not sharpen the knife (it was not really necessary as it came with a decent edge).

Important
  • This is an automatic knife (Off-The-Side). Knife laws vary considerably throughout EU, so please check your local laws to make sure you are allowed to posses and/or carry such a knife. Example in Germany: OTS knives with blade length up to 85 mm can be possessed without special permission (are not considered weapons), but can't be carried ready to deploy in public. I can not take responsibility if your local customs will confiscate the knife without returning it.
  • The knife can be converted to manual opening knife, but it is important to know that (at least in US), taking the knife apart voids the warranty.
  • Given the current situation around Brexit, I would be very hesitant to ship to UK as I am not sure about the paperwork.
  • It probably makes little sense to ship this knife to outside EU - especially given the crazy high prices for insured shipping right now (around 55€ to US as an example)

Basic parameters
Blade length: 85 mm
Closed lenght: 118 mm
Blade stock: 3mm
S/N: 12893 08/2019
Steel: 204P
Weight: 90g

Price
290€
- includes insured shipping within EU. Shipping outside EU can be discussed.

If you have any question about the knife please post it below, offers only via PM. I am not looking at trades. Thank you

208CC771-9F80-48DB-B352-FF578FB568A5.jpeg
4CBEC84D-D66B-4C1F-831E-89B480DE106C.jpeg
5365BC3A-F5EC-4812-A7C6-BE9CE369E58F.jpeg
67EE8A24-7878-45FF-ADD4-C7C2C383563F.jpeg
65A7CB50-CCDB-4D90-8C81-140CCA797D8B.jpeg
9F730289-6DFC-4CDB-9ACE-241F4CE56293.jpeg
E0AE9DFC-8260-4FDD-937E-F758FA47DDEB.jpeg
A4AE880C-4E7D-45AE-9390-17096FC1FBB3.jpeg
974B4EAF-7596-4955-84BE-CC7897697F3D.jpeg

270€ - includes insured shipping within EU. Shipping outside EU can be discussed.

the literal only drawback to this knife is auto knife laws. if you can carry this, this is one of the best cutters on the market.

if you are skeptical, MT is sending edges out at the typical 20 degrees; just compare the size of the bevel on this to damn near anything else out there, and their 204p heat treat is awesome. superbly useful knife.

The only way to deal the Auto problem is to take out the spring (and void the warranty, sadly). The knife & lock remains fully functional without the spring - I saw it in one of the reviews on YT (where the owner showed the knife with a broken spring)

240€ - includes insured shipping within EU. Shipping outside EU can be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back