• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn FINAL BIG PRICE DROP $365 - Carter Muteki by Cory Pulliman 271mm White #1 Yo Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenbriel

Reaction score
A couple of years ago @tylerleach and I both got very enthusiastic about the Muteki line knives that Cory Pulliman was putting out for Carter Cutlery. I dare say we each procured a couple too many and I need to thin the herd a bit. šŸ˜ƒ

They are stunning knives. Fantastic blades, perfectly ground, with gorgeous Arizona Desert Ironwood handles with Orange G10 and Natural Canvas Micarta Liners . I have a couple of others in smaller sizes from the same family that I will be listing, DM me if you are interested in a preview.

Here's the original listing still on Carter's site. And here's a listing for one of Cory's knives that Tyler put up on BST. He is great at describing the knives he sells and does them much better justice than I ever could.

I paid $485 looking for $435 $420 $399 $365 FINAL shipped and insured CONUS.

FORGED BY: Cory
STYLE: Muteki, Gyuto Kitchen Knife
STEEL: Hitachi White #1 Steel core laminated with 410 Stainless Steel
FINISH: Forged/Polished
HANDLE: Arizona Desert Ironwood
LINER: Orange G10 and Natural Canvas Micarta Liners
BLADE LENGTH: 10.67ā€³ (271 mm, 8.94 sun)
WEIGHT: 8.04 oz (228 g)
BLADE WIDTH: 2.28ā€³ (58 mm)
BLADE THICKNESS: 0.086ā€³ (2.19 mm)*

I had a request for info on the other knives I'll be putting up, so here are the links from Carter's site. I'll be photographing and posting in the next few days, but if one of these has your name on it send me a DM.

I'm probably going to keep at least one, maybe two, but I don't especially care which. If you want more info on any of these just holler. they are all unsharpened and practically unused. Most haven't even prepped a whole meal.

https://www.cartercutlery.com/knives/knives/muteki/7-17-muteki-4800-funayuki-by-cory/
https://www.cartercutlery.com/knives/knives/muteki/9-21-muteki-4674-gyuto-by-cory/
https://www.cartercutlery.com/knives/knives/muteki/7-8-muteki-4651-funayuki-by-cory/
7.17ā€³ Muteki Original #4696 Funayuki by Cory

(I'll probably end up keeping this one. Not as beautiful or fancy as the others so it won't sell for a lot, and it almost killed me once so we have history šŸ¤£ )

IMG_5252.jpeg

IMG_5251.jpeg

IMG_5253.jpeg
IMG_5254.jpeg
169206-67415903608-A335BBDA-AC6C-48AB-B02F-3183BE4328ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice blade. The link doesn't seem to work for me. Could you mention the steel type and other dimensions please?
Here you go: 10.67ā€³ Muteki #4549 Gyuto by Cory

Side note: Props to Carter for maintaining their database of individual knife releases. So useful!
Thanks very much @dehory! Yes, it's a solid move by someone who understands the hobby/industry. I had some interactions with Carter and he was absolutely lovely. For some reason I expected him to be a bit gruff, but he couldn't have been nicer.

Looks like a stellar example. Love the length! Gotta try one of these eventuallyā€¦ GLWS!
Thanks Malcolm! It's a great length and the flat spot is absolutely wicked (assuming you like a flat profile!). All of the ones I collected had great flat profiles.

Thanks very much @dehory! Yes, it's a solid move by someone who understands the hobby/industry. I had some interactions with Carter and he was absolutely lovely. For some reason I expected him to be a bit gruff, but he couldn't have been nicer.

Thanks Malcolm! It's a great length and the flat spot is absolutely wicked (assuming you like a flat profile!). All of the ones I collected had great flat profiles.
Itā€™s definitely something I enjoy.

LOL me too. Tyler and I were scrambling over each other buying up all the knives Cory had made with these gorgeous handles and insanely flat profiles. šŸ¤£

I fixed the link (thanks again @pavhav and @dehory), added the detailed info from the Carter site, and I'll add links to the other ones going on the block while I take photos etc.

He speaks the truth!

These are absolutely gorgeous knives. I still have one too! The profile and feel of these is damn near perfect. Not the heftiest knives but if you like a thin convex grind you will fall in love with them.

Looking to murder a couple cases of potatoes? These are your knives!

I think the spine is perfect. Photo below. It is beautifully eased and roundedā€”in fact the F&F all around is stellar for a knife in this price range. 2.73mm out of the handle, 1.98mm about halfway down, 0.25mm at the tip.

The White #1 is as good as any in my collection. Cuts like a demon, and I'm sure a quick swipe on a finishing stone or even strop would bring it to Yoshi/Watanabe levels.

IMG_5288.jpeg

OK let's see if we can get this guy a new forever home.

Price is now $399 shipped. Good savings on a $485 basically new knife. Thanks!

Happy Thursday KKF!

So I don't enjoy selling (letting my babies go is always traumatic) and I've recently decided that the loss of a few bucks is less important to me than my time, attention, and stress levels. šŸ˜ƒ

I'm going to start put things up at lower starting prices, and I'm dropping the FINAL offering price of this $485 beauty to $365. F&F preferred (check my posts and previous transactions) but I will honor the same price for G&S.

I'll post these separately but here's how the other Mutekis will be listed. Photos and details in the links. All knives are unsharpened and barely touched. Hopefully these prices will get some traction during a busy time for BST!

Knife (Link)
Cost to me​
Cost to you​
198mm Funayuki
$ 385.00​
$ 290.00​
234mm Gyuto
$ 425.00​
$ 320.00​
182mm Funayuki #4800 (Wa)
$ 325.00​
$ 245.00​

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, very much appreciated.

I am going to withdraw this and the other Muteki on Sunday if they haven't sold. I'll give them to friends over seeing them sitting here at these silly prices! šŸ¤£ I tried! So glad you like yours.

Last chance KKF friends, Iā€™m going to withdraw this awesome deal tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Back