Forced to end my lurking behavior

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoabDave

Reaction score
I tend to lurk, but if I ever DO want to post, I have to introduce myself, I guess.
Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm a knife abuser. I haven't abused a knife for some time now, but it's a fight every day. I recently purchased a cerax 1000 that seems to help in those dark times. I know I have to help myself before I can help others, I try not to be too judgey.
My name is Dave, and I'm a knife abuser.

Cool name!

Abuse is using tip to put a hole in the top of the olive oil can and then throwing knife in the dishwasher. And I've done that. But only with "house knives".....

abuse is cutting directly on a hard surface like a steel table or marble countertop or a sheet tray, and then using it as a pry bar and a scraper which i have done all of the above with 'house knives'

Welcome Dave. You are on the first step on the journey out of being a knife abuser to being a TACK, True Addict to Cooking knives.

abuse is my wife allowing our nice stainless knives to sit on the counter for a couple hours with crumbs on them, so that I have to wash them with more soap than I’d otherwise use, hastening the handle-oiling timeline. and abuse is her putting the knives back on the mag strip too close together, or having one at a slight angle, or not keeping her arm loose enough during cutting, so that cutting board impacts are too powerful, slightly accelerating the sharpening timeline, and so that her shoulders become too tense, meaning that I have to break out the candles and massage oil earlier than I otherwise might.

#wearetheabused

Back