International passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isasmedjan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m finishing up a knife that i thought should go for a pa.
It’s a sanmai gyuto with lanchashire and nickel on the sides with 1.2519 for coresteel.

Measurements:
Bladelength 225mm
Height at heel 54mm
Thickness at heel 4,3mm
At middle of the blade 2,5mm
Approx 30mm from the point it’s 1,5mm
And 1cm from point it’s 0,7/0,8
Weight lands spot on 200grams

It’s slightly hollowground close to the edge except at the heel were it is more of a classic convex.

Handle is just plain curly maple that has been finished with trueoil.
Fit and finish on the handle leaves a bit more to offer at least from my own point of view, normally i would go for a little bit better finish but that’s not what i’m after with this.
First and foremost it’s performance i wan’t feedback on.

Rules are simple i’m thinking 20 spots with maximum one week per spot!

Hit me up with a PM if you want in, i’ll give you the details with shipping and some other rules.

(Having a hardtime taking a good choilshot i will probably post a better one later)

Attachments

• A4E6D97E-5EFC-443C-B385-3391CE51A0D9.jpeg
    A4E6D97E-5EFC-443C-B385-3391CE51A0D9.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 638
  • C8663123-A1C6-4C53-8B17-82A20813BD59.jpeg
    C8663123-A1C6-4C53-8B17-82A20813BD59.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 601
  • 9AB1F65C-FB92-4D5C-9ACA-8FE932858783.jpeg
    9AB1F65C-FB92-4D5C-9ACA-8FE932858783.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 589
  • 8CF0922D-CDC1-4E56-ABAD-3CF843E6CF81.jpeg
    8CF0922D-CDC1-4E56-ABAD-3CF843E6CF81.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 554
  • 3C7230BE-B8F5-4E5C-9908-BF68FF0192F5.jpeg
    3C7230BE-B8F5-4E5C-9908-BF68FF0192F5.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 528
Wow, pretty quiet thread for a passaround. I’d love to participate. Nice looking knife btw. What’s the steel like? I’ve never tried it before.

Looks like an interesting knife, I'm down.

Thank you guys!

You are all in!

My plan is to send it out in the beginning of coming week!

I will send you all the details by PM later today i just need to clear my head a little bit, last night got a little bit too late...... those damn drinking games :rolleyes::cool:

There are still a few spots left!

Spots are filled! I will include everyone participating in a mailinglist, it’s much easier for me to manage!
I’ll send out a email with info as soon as i get a chance to sit down!

Thank you!

/Jonas

Dave, do you have the list, last email I got was Nov 20 and that didn't have a list with the order of participants.

Glad to see it arrived safe!
Dave, do you have the list, last email I got was Nov 20 and that didn't have a list with the order of participants.
Sorry, my email has gone crazy, i sent the list last week but i recieved error message multiple times, i guess it hasn´t arrived to anyone? I will give it a shot again as soon as i´m home from work, otherwise i will post it here!
I would love to take part if possible.
Matus, you´re always welcome, i´ll let you in on the details later tonight. Thank you! :)

Yup, where is the knife at now? Haven’t heard anything in a while!

I've got it still. Rick couldn't receive it for a bit then I got crushed in the holidays. Will go this week.

It's on the way to Pepsicola!

Gotta say I liked it. Very good heft, very good cutter. Food release above average. More reactive than I like (but then anything non-stainless is). When using a passaround at work I typically keep a Gengetsu within reach in case things get serious. Things did but I never was inclided to reach for the Gengetsu - the Isasmadjen acquited itself quite well. Would love to see a suji offering.

It's on the way to Pepsicola!

Gotta say I liked it. Very good heft, very good cutter. Food release above average. More reactive than I like (but then anything non-stainless is). When using a passaround at work I typically keep a Gengetsu within reach in case things get serious. Things did but I never was inclided to reach for the Gengetsu - the Isasmadjen acquited itself quite well. Would love to see a suji offering.

That sounds good! Let me know when it has arrived to you Pensacola.
Suji’s are coming up in a not so distant future along with some highcarbon-core stainless cladding, just gonna get them to stick together :D
Thanks Dave!

Are you adding sujis to the passaround?

No, but i will have available soon :)

Try crazy glue or duct tape, I hear that stuff works for anything...
Yeah, i’m actually considering it, i’m tearing my hair over here :D

Delivered this afternoon.
A bit late answer from me but Thanks for letting me know! I see what Dave was talking about with the reactivity...

Have a nice weekend everyone :cool:

Back