J-Nat Club

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of mine
9ECFABBE-BA32-4072-8C3D-39C073FCBBE8.jpeg

How is the knife? Does it have kanji in the other side too? Thanks
The Anryu Bunka was my first Japanese knife some years ago I also got the petty knife. Excellent knife no kanji on the other side.

Really enjoying these stones from umajiyama. The fellow I bought two from in Kyoto said they were quite rare. The bigger one is quite difficult to get a nice photo of, in person the marooney purple is more prominent than the light brown. These stones are really nice to work with, quite soft for their fineness and cuts quite fast with no need for DMT slurry. The big one is the softest and will raise mud on its own yet doesn't leave any scratches on the cladding. The smaller two are even finer but harder yet still easy to use and leave a nice contrasty yet shiny finish.
img_20230102_162734-jpg.217301
IMG_20230102_163135.jpg
IMG_20230102_163502.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230102_162734.jpg
    IMG_20230102_162734.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 407
BFB012D5-92DD-406F-B599-9C7EE5F4DFB4.jpeg

I got this binsui from ikkyu about a month ago. I really like it, it's blazing fast with a nice toothy edge, finer than my ikarashi by a little bit. Fastest natural I own, seems as fast as a synthetic 2000 but that might be some slightly wishful thinking. I'm not a polisher so can't comment on that
( @Ethan )

Hey team not sure if this is the right place to ask or not. But has anyone experience with buying from Watanabe from Watanabe blade? I'm actually interested in a stone from him for razors, thing I'm curious about is how he gets his measurements of fineness, I mean he states down to the micron and 3 decimal points 😂 his writing is quite fantastical also. Is he just plucking these numbers from the heavens? Has anyone purchased from him and thought his evaluation is right on?

Here's a jnat pic just because
IMG_20230127_030618.jpg

Hey team not sure if this is the right place to ask or not. But has anyone experience with buying from Watanabe from Watanabe blade? I'm actually interested in a stone from him for razors, thing I'm curious about is how he gets his measurements of fineness, I mean he states down to the micron and 3 decimal points 😂 his writing is quite fantastical also. Is he just plucking these numbers from the heavens? Has anyone purchased from him and thought his evaluation is right on?

Here's a jnat pic just because View attachment 221873
I've bought a few things from him. In general his descriptions are accurate, he takes time to answer questions, and you can pretty expect to receive what you're envisioning in terms of performance. He has some gauge setup he uses to record his hardness and fineness measurements. I honestly don't pay overmuch attention to them, especially for finishers as a lot more goes into how the stone feels and performs than his assigned metrics. Can be used to compare relative hardness and fineness of two stones of the same type though. I've never been disappointed by a stone I bought from him.

Back