• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Kaiju - $1,800

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard they’re dropping 2 more Kaiju’s in 2023. That should be enough to meet demand, right?
Hold fast brother, good times ahead.
Screenshot_20220708-015839_Chrome.jpg

For 8k you better fly to LA and take me out to lunch. And buy me a saya that’s shaped like a used Mazda Miata convertible 6 speed manual trans with a clean title. And a 12 pack of fkn PBR. Then we gotta deal on your stupid Kaiju lolz hmu

It’s been so long that I’m no longer eager to own a Kaiju. Afterall it’s just a taller/heavier mid weight knife with nice finish and good heattreat. Toyama already have the height, thickness and weight of a Kaiju and I always prefer Toyama’s blue steel over Tanaka’s. Maybe I should give my Toyama a stone kasumi finish sometime.

Oh man, I’ve had so many interesting conversations with members off this thread and am feeling really enlightened.

Hey @OwlWoodworks,

I am going to take a different approach. Welcome to the form...

Look... it can be easy to 'miss' the culture and lore of a forum. The problem isn't you. The fact that: price ≠ value, is endless fodder for KKF. These debates flare up often and it is usually related to BST. People constantly miss the point; value is subjective and we're all (ideally) consenting adults....

We all love a bit of junk food... sometimes it can be fun to watch from the sidelines... sometime it can be fun to dip into the fray. Most often the debates flare up over flippers. But you did something a little bit innovative - a buyer offering a large amount (reverse 'flipping')! That doesn't happen often. Thus eliciting a response from people with an opinion (... apparently including me). Old adjacent arguments have even been raised in this thread (apropos of nothing) - a la: are shig and kato 'worth it'??

BST can occasionally represent the least good will in KKF. Dont take it personally. You needn't justify your preferences/values to anybody but yourself (and family). So long as nobody is being criminal or blatantly immoral, BST is a free for all... and more or less unregulated.

Chin up, you did nothing 'wrong'... but if you knew the place well... it would have been easy to predict it would attract attention ;)

Good luck on your quest!

Last edited:
Hey @OwlWoodworks,

I am going to take a different approach. Welcome to the form...

Look... it can be easy to 'miss' the culture and lore of a forum. The problem isn't you. The fact that: price ≠ value, is endless fodder for KKF. These debates flare up often and it is usually related to BST. People constantly miss the point; value is subjective and we're all (ideally) consenting adults....

We all love a bit of junk food... sometimes it can be fun to watch from the sidelines... sometime it can be fun to dip into the fray. Most often the debates flare up over flippers. But you did something a little bit innovative - a buyer offering a large amount (reverse 'flipping')! That doesn't happen often. Thus eliciting a response from people with an opinion (... apparently including me). Old adjacent arguments have even been raised in this thread (apropos of nothing) - a la: are shig and kato 'worth it'??

BST can occasionally represent the least good will in KKF. Dont take it personally. You needn't justify your preferences/values to anybody but yourself (and family). So long as nobody is being criminal or blatantly immoral, BST is a free for all... and more of less unregulated.

Chin up, you did nothing 'wrong'... but if you knew the place well... it would have been easy to predict it would attract attention ;)

Good luck on your quest!
Thank you very much for the kind words. This is definitely my first time diving head first into a new community so boldly. Not my usual style but it has been a lot of fun and very interesting.

And I think I’m enjoying trying to buy a kaiju more than I’ll probably enjoy using it. Speaking of which, I gotta go check if anyone’s posted one for sale! 😬

Maybe tonight’s the night!… 😅

It is with great pleasure I mark this thread as "Bought". Thanks for the good times KKF. Chasing this knife down was a ton of fun and I got to chat with a lot of wonderful people along the way.
Congratulations. but please do show us pictures. you know for consolation. excited and happy for you!!

Thank you so much! I actually just started a thread in the Knife and Gear Gallery section with pictures of the Kaiju I got!
Sweet !!! Yea I just check it!!! definitely a gorgeous one..... Makes wonder what the Tanaka massdrop will look like

Back