KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1701959736717.jpeg

I’m irritated.

People come to me for cleaver advice, and I defer. β€œGo talk to [knowledgable people] instead. They’re smarter about this.” β€œ[Brainaic] has handles more than me; they can help you better.”

The one time I go out of my way to give advice.
1702057423807.gif

People come to me for cleaver advice, and I defer. β€œGo talk to [knowledgable people] instead. They’re smarter about this.” β€œ[Brainaic] has handles more than me; they can help you better.”

You're great n all. I'd gladly pay my $60/yr. But lets face it, you're no chef pesto.

I’m irritated.

The one time I go out of my way to give advice.View attachment 286810

The Crown Troll sits upon his hoard of rusty rectangle advice and shares NONE

I'm still wondering what forum is all Japanese chefs. And I'll just go to my local Asian food court if I want to see what the chefs are using for a slicing cleaver.
I dont know of any asian restaurants that use Japanese cleavers.

I dont know of any asian restaurants that use Japanese cleavers.

Yeah, that was sorta my point.

But aside from that, I'm guessing somewhere there must be a reason for the chuka bocho to exist other than the home chef market. Or maybe us knife nerds is the whole reason....

Words like this never pop up inside English language classes. Or "business English" or " scientific English". Even though it's much more true to life than - well "radiation load" for example. Or slang swear words.
So, Michi, I would translate this habitus probably as "Grantler".
Native speakers, come on, give us more language advice.

question of the day. what single knife of yours would you never part with until death/etc... ? gotta pick just one today (and yes who knows, your answer could change in the future blah blah =) )

Mine would be the 2nd knife I ever bought for myself. I messed up sharpening it over the years and it has many scratches, but there are a lot of memories with that knife. For me it's my Hiromoto Aogami Super 240mm Gyuto.

Attachments

• PXL_20231209_225527930.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20231209_225527930.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

I'm not sure what this is a sign of, but I turned down a spot on a maker's list today.

Sure it was 19 months since I asked to be put on, and there was some stuff that went on so with that maker so I didn't even think I was on the list anymore, but I looked at my collection, thought about where I want to go, and looked at the maker's work and decided it wasn't the right fit anymore.

And I like the maker and his work. Strange days.

I'm not sure what this is a sign of, but I turned down a spot on a maker's list today.

Sure it was 19 months since I asked to be put on, and there was some stuff that went on so with that maker so I didn't even think I was on the list anymore, but I looked at my collection, thought about where I want to go, and looked at the maker's work and decided it wasn't the right fit anymore.

Edit: 5188

Followed the sale list over the years. Looks like it won’t be updated much anymore at this rate. Congrats on reaching the mythical place we often seek

I'm sure there's a pill for this....

Edit: 5188

Followed the sale list over the years. Looks like it won’t be updated much anymore at this rate. Congrats on reaching the mythical place we often seek

It's a tough place. I've bought (and sold) quite a few knives, but I've now hit a place where it's gotta fit before I'll even try something out. Doesn't help that the BST has gotten slow recently, so if I decide to try something else stuff is harder to sell these days. It was just a case of what the maker offers just not lining up with my wants at the moment.

I'm sure there's a pill for this....

Probably. Not sure of the cost though.

Back