KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The BST is a busy and challenging place of late. There is some really top knives that have been sitting for way longer than I would've expected.

There's plenty of really nice knives just sitting, I agree, but there's also plenty that move really quickly. The forum favorites do ebb and flow, but this does feel "slower" than it has been (at least to me).

There's plenty of really nice knives just sitting, I agree, but there's also plenty that move really quickly. The forum favorites do ebb and flow, but this does feel "slower" than it has been (at least to me).

Yeah, it's been more fickle than it has been in the time of been here. Excluding stuff that might be considered for the flipper thread, there have been some knives that used to be forum favs sitting for way longer than I would expect. So of the long time favs are moving quick (Kono FM), but Marko sitting for as long as it has is surprising.

1694197644636.png

4662 and one million. There I've done it and I'm absolutely certain this is the first time this joke has been made

I like m&m and other chocolate bites, but on a trail they always melt too quick or frozen way too hard

I can get that. I never really use trail mix on the trail. It's usually airplane food - get through security, buy one bag of each from the concession stand, mix in the zip loc I've brought along.

Kraft. She gets her salt from Kraft. And Hidden Valley.

My sister is just like this woman. One day my sister tried to tell me " You'll never believe how much salt and butter they use in fine dinning!"
I had to stop myself from telling her that a lot of restaurants only taste good because they use more salt and fats than some home cooks.

I fired my sous chef today. I hired him five years ago at another restaurant and we have worked together off an on. He was my first hire at my current restaurant 3 years ago. I’ve unfortunately fired many people over the years and it has never been easy and always feels bad but man this one hurts in a much different and much worse way. I lost a person that I trusted, respected, and cared for to alcohol abuse.

Managing people ****ing sucks sometimes.

I fired my sous chef today. I hired him five years ago at another restaurant and we have worked together off an on. He was my first hire at my current restaurant 3 years ago. I’ve unfortunately fired many people over the years and it has never been easy and always feels bad but man this one hurts in a much different and much worse way. I lost a person that I trusted, respected, and cared for to alcohol abuse.

Always a bummer, if you’re close outside of work you could try to keep a personal relationship, but it isn’t really easy.

We just fired one of our FOH assistant managers for problems related to drinking. Ultimately lead to him breaking into the property at 3am and stealing a bunch of food & drinks. He doesn’t remember any of it.

Firing people is never easy. Especially not in a situation like this. You have my greatest sympathies.

Always a bummer, if you’re close outside of work you could try to keep a personal relationship, but it isn’t really easy.

We just fired one of our FOH assistant managers for problems related to drinking. Ultimately lead to him breaking into the property at 3am and stealing a bunch of food & drinks. He doesn’t remember any of it.
I left the door open for a personal relationship but if it doesn’t happen I understand. Friendships can be weird when you factor in managerial authority.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through something similar. Alcohol is a helluva drug and will get on top of people faster than they realize. In my situation I had 48 hours to prepare and changed all of the passwords, alarm codes, and alerted my vendors. Drunk people are wildly unpredictable so I’m trying to cover all my bases.

Back