KKF Massdrop II - Xerxes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, now I can post something here again. Many thanks to the KKF team.

I am pleased to read that the planned knives are well received.

In the coming weeks I will post some videos here, which should give you an impression of my work and how the knives are made.

Still, I'm curious where the journey is going.

Jannis
Thanks Jannis for coming on board with this massdrop. We’re all definitely looking forward to your videos and pictures and of course the actual knives themselves. Can’t wait!!!

:)

So are we. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully KKF can make this as enjoyable for you as it is almost certainly going to be for us!

[You might want to read up on @RDalman's special handle for @ian... it is... errr... bound to come up. I dunno... @ian had special ergonomic needs or something 🤷‍♂️]
I think that handle is in need of a good polish😊

Good morning everyone!
@Xerxes HAS FINALLY MADE HIS ENTRANCE!
A big thank you to Jannis for this massdrop. We are all lucky to have him.

HERE IS IMPORTANT INFO ON SHIPPING/PRICE DETAILS AND HOW TO SIGN UP FOR ORDERS:
please read this and then read it again :p

Firstly, due to the high level of interest in this knife, we will be increasing the allocation. We discussed with Jannis, and he has agreed to make a few more, should we exceed the 20 by a small margin. Our goal is to get all of you a XERSES!

Here is a recap on Jannis' knife and pricing:

Knife: Wa Gyuto
Size: 225mm x 55mm <or> 250mm x 58mm
Steel: 1.2562 core at 66 HRC, 1.2767 cladding, intermediate nickel layer
Grind: Convex workhorse with aggressive distal taper
Handle: Black stabilized maple with Vulcan Fibre spacer

Gyuto Size (mm)
EUR
250x58​
1040​
225x55​
990​

Shipping:

Because laws in Germany are different and more complex than in Sweden and Jannis can only put together a maximum of 3 invoices for this order - out of EU so it is more tax efficient. Individual invoicing is simply not an option from Germany for this mass-drop.

Approximate duty and S&H fees will be:
15% to EU distributor, 10% to US distributor, and 12% to APAC distributor. This does not include shipping from distributor to you. Specific shipping costs will be calculated when packages are ready for shipment.

Europe Distributor: @RockyBasel

North America Distributor: @nakiriknaifuwaifu

Asia/Pacific Distributor: @lemeneid

With that, I’d like to open the signups!

Here's how they will work:

Please message me (@nakiriknaifuwaifu) your information in this

~ E X A C T ~
format:

Title of message: "ORDER - Xerxes Massdrop"

Region (NA/EU/APAC):

Size: "225mm" or "250mm" (there's no cap on sizes, these knives will be made for you)

INFO ON SELECTION: Participants will be randomly chosen (everyone is assigned a number and selected using random.org)

If you are selected, please treat this as ordering a custom knife (because it is!). We understand if there are circumstances forcing you to withdraw your order - It's COVID time and that's what the waitlist is for - but for all other cases please try your best to adhere to the honor system.

We will confirm payment when the orders are close to done in the summer. Specific shipping costs will be calculated when payment time comes near :)

Thanks,
NKW

:dancingcow:

~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT~

SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE MONDAY 11:59 PM CET (Central European Standard Time - GMT +1)
Results will be made available shortly thereafter!

Please see page 13 of this thread for full information including pricing and sign-up details!
My post is the colorful one - easy to find and easy to read!

Thank you all for your support so far!

Last edited:
HERE IS IMPORTANT INFO ON SHIPPING/PRICE DETAILS AND HOW TO SIGN UP

Thanks,
NKW

1616603993975.gif

(I’m already down there)

How badly did you get hit with the Dalman drop?
Not bad really, +20% of total
Same as most EU, but if this drop is sent from Germany to Rocky and then to UK that means double VAT and for a knife this price is a lot, maybe 30-40% on top of total

Well, not quite as jannis lives far away in Germany😊

but I can receive it at Swiss vat of 10 percent, and theoretically speaking it would be possible for me ship from Germany so it would be an-inter-EU shipment with no Vat

It's actually better that way - if Jannis sold it to you in Germany, he'd have to charge German VAT.

Anything to stick it to the man, after how badly our countries have botched the vaccine roll-out. Good job, folks, good job.

Good morning everyone!
@Xerxes HAS FINALLY MADE HIS ENTRANCE!
A big thank you to Jannis for this massdrop. We are all lucky to have him.

HERE IS IMPORTANT INFO ON SHIPPING/PRICE DETAILS AND HOW TO SIGN UP FOR ORDERS:
please read this and then read it again :p

Firstly, due to the high level of interest in this knife, we will be increasing the allocation. We discussed with Jannis, and he has agreed to make a few more, should we exceed the 20 by a small margin. Our goal is to get all of you a XERSES!

Here is a recap on Jannis' knife and pricing:

Knife: Wa Gyuto
Size: 225mm x 55mm <or> 250mm x 58mm
Steel: 1.2562 core at 66 HRC, 1.2767 cladding, intermediate nickel layer
Grind: Convex workhorse with aggressive distal taper
Handle: Black stabilized maple with Vulcan Fibre spacer

Gyuto Size (mm)
EUR
250x58​
1040​
225x55​
990​

Shipping:

Because laws in Germany are different and more complex than in Sweden and Jannis can only put together a maximum of 3 invoices for this order - out of EU so it is more tax efficient. Individual invoicing is simply not an option from Germany for this mass-drop.

Approximate duty and S&H fees will be:
15% to EU distributor, 10% to US distributor, and 12% to APAC distributor. This does not include shipping from distributor to you. Specific shipping costs will be calculated when packages are ready for shipment.

Europe Distributor: @RockyBasel

North America Distributor: @nakiriknaifuwaifu

Asia/Pacific Distributor: @lemeneid

With that, I’d like to open the signups!

Here's how they will work:

Please message me (@nakiriknaifuwaifu) your information in this

~ E X A C T ~
format:

Title of message: "ORDER - Xerxes Massdrop"

Region (NA/EU/APAC):

Size: "225mm" or "250mm" (there's no cap on sizes, these knives will be made for you)

INFO ON SELECTION: Participants will be randomly chosen (everyone is assigned a number and selected using random.org)

If you are selected, please treat this as ordering a custom knife (because it is!). We understand if there are circumstances forcing you to withdraw your order - It's COVID time and that's what the waitlist is for - but for all other cases please try your best to adhere to the honor system.

We will confirm payment when the orders are close to done in the summer. Specific shipping costs will be calculated when payment time comes near :)

Thanks,
NKW

Done :)

Latest posts

Back