KKF Massdrop II - Xerxes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The goal isn't to make a Kato clone - just that the grind will be Jannis' convex workhorse grind, which is similar to a Kato WH. The tip will have Jannis' signature aggressive distal taper, which to my knowledge is dissimilar to a kato, and the heel heights are taller than usual katos (at least for the 250).

I think Jannis knows what he's doing. Like you said, he won't make a knife that makes no sense.
After reading the initial information of a second mass drop, I was sure I was going to pass. Was lucky to be included in the first one, no real need and also financially... But after getting more information, it is so tempting!! First heard about Xerxes 6 years ago and actually thought about ordering a knife back then. Prices were much less back then, but considering the kind of work he puts out now, this offer is hard to resist...:D

After reading the initial information of a second mass drop, I was sure I was going to pass. Was lucky to be included in the first one, no real need and also financially... But after getting more information, it is so tempting!! First heard about Xerxes 6 years ago and actually thought about ordering a knife back then. Prices were much less back then, but considering the kind of work he puts out now, this offer is hard to resist...:D

still kicking myself for missing the first one....

@altwisser, @nakiriknaifuwaifu and I meant it when We said epic - and I am glad you agree

In his message to KKF “..:perfect F&F goes without saying” only Jannis can say that and get away with it😂😂😂

The posting issues with Jannis have been resolved - thank you Matus🙏

It will be good to hear from him and see his videos as we proceed

That whole, this will be EPIC note.......
Am going to stay up for 72 hrs just to make sure I am in the raffle for 225mm.

Don’t think any loss of sleep will be needed to enter this. Based on how well the first massdrop was handled, I’m sure there will be plenty of notice and opportunity for all who are interested.
I’m confident clear instructions for entry will be posted when it’s time.

Don’t think any loss of sleep will be needed to enter this. Based on how well the first massdrop was handled, I’m sure there will be plenty of notice and opportunity for all who are interested.
I’m confident clear instructions for entry will be posted when it’s time.
Thank you for adding that - it was needed🙏 We will try and make sure people get knives😊

In his message to KKF “.. : Perfect F&F goes without saying” only Jannis can say that and get away with it😂😂😂
It's refreshing and encouraging to me though, that all KKF massdrop events so far are being taken on by makers who treat all parts of the knife as part of their job (as opposed to ones who think finishing their work is beneath their dignity or something). I'd much rather hear a bold claim of perfection than a mumbled "Oh well, let the customer fix it, I'm too busy".

It's refreshing and encouraging to me though, that all KKF massdrop events so far are being taken on by makers who treat all parts of the knife as part of their job (as opposed to ones who think finishing their work is beneath their dignity or something). I'd much rather hear a bold claim of perfection than a mumbled "Oh well, let the customer fix it, I'm too busy".
Exactly my sentiments - for the prices we pay for some knives, customers are having to do too much work before the knife is acceptable- for some makers, it’s “part of the experience” - Denka, mazaki. But does it have to be?

luckily, with help from cooradobrit and others on this forum, I got a pretty flawless Denka.

Sorry the sign up for the Xerxes lottery is now officially closed. NKW and Rocky each won 7 spots, I was ripped off and only won 6. Since they are organizing the whole deal I guess I won’t complain about the injustice. Don’t worry we’ll post lots of photos.
Haha - we are in the business of getting you a knife, not hogging them - though I admit, I am tempted by these evil ideas😂😂

luckily, with help from cooradobrit and others on this forum, I got a pretty flawless Denka.
"I was lucky that I had brought some experienced friends with me - with their help, I was able to actually get what I paid for, without too much hassle."

It sounds like going to a drug dealer or something. :rolleyes:

"I was lucky that I had brought some experienced friends with me - with their help, I was able to actually get what I paid for, without too much hassle."

It sounds like going to a drug dealer or something. :rolleyes:
tenor.gif

Hi guys, now I can post something here again. Many thanks to the KKF team.

I am pleased to read that the planned knives are well received.

In the coming weeks I will post some videos here, which should give you an impression of my work and how the knives are made.

Still, I'm curious where the journey is going.

Jannis

Back