Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be perfectly honest I never expected them to sell so quickly.
If I remember well, the four knives from Fredrik you had in october were also sold quite fast, I jumped on the honyaki and don't regret it at all. Only the 20mm Damascus 1.2419 15n20 Cocobolo was sold after a few days.
His saya are also nice, convexed with clean and simple shapes, not too bulky, enough friction to hold the knife without the pin to secure it and the wood looks good. Fredrik offers a lot with an excellent price / quality ratio.

If I remember well, the four knives from Fredrik you had in october were also sold quite fast, I jumped on the honyaki and don't regret it at all. Only the 20mm Damascus 1.2419 15n20 Cocobolo was sold after a few days.
His saya are also nice, convexed with clean and simple shapes, not too bulky, enough friction to hold the knife without the pin to secure it and the wood looks good. Fredrik offers a lot with an excellent price / quality ratio.

Fredrik does phenomenal work and we have both discussed at length the fact that he could be charging substantially more for his work. I personally believe that it would be great for the industry to see more quality work like Fredrik's at prices like these.

P.s. Just connected with who you are. Don't know what the etiquette is with naming names, but thanks for your continued support H. :)

I grabbed the 52100 from this batch. It's a little smaller than I'd generally go for, but I was curious about his work. I haven't sharpened it yet or had it long enough to speak to edge retention, but I'm still shocked to get something with this quality of work at the price point. Definitely glad I picked this one up.

I grabbed the 52100 from this batch. It's a little smaller than I'd generally go for, but I was curious about his work. I haven't sharpened it yet or had it long enough to speak to edge retention, but I'm still shocked to get something with this quality of work at the price point. Definitely glad I picked this one up.

It might be obvious considering the sizing on the MCX versions, but the sizing on that first batch didn't really meet my preferences either, fit and finish, styling and reasonable pricing makes it totally work though.

Its been less than a year since we began working with knife makers from outside of Japan and the support we have received from the maker community, particularly in Europe and Australia as well as the enthusiast and collectors has been phenomenal. Thanks for being one of those supporters G, I know that you have, at this stage, become a regular.

P.s. how is that Lew Griffin blade going?

It might be obvious considering the sizing on the MCX versions, but the sizing on that first batch didn't really meet my preferences either, fit and finish, styling and reasonable pricing makes it totally work though.

Its been less than a year since we began working with knife makers from outside of Japan and the support we have received from the maker community, particularly in Europe and Australia as well as the enthusiast and collectors has been phenomenal. Thanks for being one of those supporters G, I know that you have, at this stage, become a regular.

its really amazing from you to create this collaborations. Im really appreciate the innovative side of things.

Honestly I didn’t knew much about your shop and spare knives before this sale. For sure you earned me as a future customer.

looking forward getting one of the second batch.

a batch of cleavers could be nice too😉🤭

its really amazing from you to create this collaborations. Im really appreciate the innovative side of things.

Honestly I didn’t knew much about your shop and spare knives before this sale. For sure you earned me as a future customer.

looking forward getting one of the second batch.

a batch of cleavers could be nice too😉🤭

Thank Daniel,

Always happy to introduce a fellow knife enthusiast to a new maker. A cleaver could be fun for sure. I have been talking to Martin Huber about doing a cleaver, but we will do a batch with him.

Hey Folks,

Regarding the MCX Fredrik Spåre custom Gyuto that we released yesterday, I just wanted to let you know that Fredrik and I have been following along. We really appreciate all the positive feedback that has been posted here. I have been using one of the 230mm blades in my kitchen for the last week or so and although I am biased, I am super happy with it.

Anyway, we always planed for this to be a limited and exclusive release, but as it seems there are a lot of people here that missed out we are considering a second batch. If you missed out and you would like the chance to get your hands on one we will consider another batch if there is enough interest.

So, if you would like one please shoot expressions of interest to [email protected]

To those who managed to secure one from the first batch, they are packed and will be shipped with UPS today. I am afraid that we may experience some delays in delivery as a result of the current holiday madness, but either way we can't wait to read your feedback.

Thanks,
Peter

View attachment 152686

I have to admit the Modern Cooking has always been in my mental category of: “Super cool but totally unaffordable stuff” so while I have your website bookmarked I never actually go back to browse.

This collab has totally changed my perception and you can sign me up for a 230 if you do another batch. Followed you on instagram so I don’t miss out on your future releases!

Hey Folks,

Regarding the MCX Fredrik Spåre custom Gyuto that we released yesterday, I just wanted to let you know that Fredrik and I have been following along. We really appreciate all the positive feedback that has been posted here. I have been using one of the 230mm blades in my kitchen for the last week or so and although I am biased, I am super happy with it.

Anyway, we always planed for this to be a limited and exclusive release, but as it seems there are a lot of people here that missed out we are considering a second batch. If you missed out and you would like the chance to get your hands on one we will consider another batch if there is enough interest.

So, if you would like one please shoot expressions of interest to [email protected]

To those who managed to secure one from the first batch, they are packed and will be shipped with UPS today. I am afraid that we may experience some delays in delivery as a result of the current holiday madness, but either way we can't wait to read your feedback.

Thanks,
Peter

View attachment 152686
If y'all happen to make a bigger one in the next batch...

I have to admit the Modern Cooking has always been in my mental category of: “Super cool but totally unaffordable stuff” so while I have your website bookmarked I never actually go back to browse.

This collab has totally changed my perception and you can sign me up for a 230 if you do another batch. Followed you on instagram so I don’t miss out on your future releases!

Hey @Delat I totally understand that perspective and I am alway trying to find the "Super cool, but affordable stuff", but its hard to come buy in the western makers market. Lets just say that this is the first great option I have come across and I am always looking to bring more

Yeah, personally I like 270+/55+ on a gyuto, but no hard feelings if y'all don't do a run of ten knives on a custom order from me 🤣

Haha, I have one in that size in my personal collection. Its unlikely as it is a less popular size than the 230 and 250, but I like mine. You never know.

Honestly, with a slew of other buys recently I haven't really put it to good use. This is in part because I want to put a fresh edge on it and haven't had much time between work, other knife projects and a 2 year old. That said, all across the board it looks and feels fantastic with impeccable fit and finish. It's pretty thin for an S-grind, yet it feels fairly substantial with one of the nicest handles I've ever seen. Pictures can't do the handle work justice.

Honestly, with a slew of other buys recently I haven't really put it to good use. This is in part because I want to put a fresh edge on it and haven't had much time between work, other knife projects and a 2 year old. That said, all across the board it looks and feels fantastic with impeccable fit and finish. It's pretty thin for an S-grind, yet it feels fairly substantial with one of the nicest handles I've ever seen. Pictures can't do the handle work justice.

I like his stuff and I think its another reasonable option considering the price. Glad you like it 👍

The fit and finish also impressed me. That shed dear horn spacer is super nice. Enjoy!

So it’s seems some sneaky peeps discovered the hidden section on our site which we set up for the presale of the second batch. The link was actually given privately via email to those who responded via email to initial notification.

Also mentioned in that email was the fact that this second batch won’t be delivered until late December or more likely January.

I hope that everyone who emailed me managed to get what they wanted and to those who found and shared the link and managed to secure one of the second batch knives good for you 😉👍🏻

As previously mentioned this is the last 10 knives, Fredrik may produce one or two more than 10 in case of failures, but otherwise that’s all folks.

Thanks everyone! I have been seriously loving the one I kept for myself. Very nice profile, I hope you all feel the same when you receive your orders.

So it’s seems some sneaky peeps discovered the hidden section on our site which we set up for the presale of the second batch. The link was actually given privately via email to those who responded via email to initial notification.

Also mentioned in that email was the fact that this second batch won’t be delivered until late December or more likely January.

I hope that everyone who emailed me managed to get what they wanted and to those who found and shared the link and managed to secure one of the second batch knives good for you 😉👍🏻

As previously mentioned this is the last 10 knives, Fredrik may produce one or two more than 10 in case of failures, but otherwise that’s all folks.

Thanks everyone! I have been seriously loving the one I kept for myself. Very nice profile, I hope you all feel the same when you receive your orders.
Can I call dibs on an extra if there are any?!

Back