Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharp often has some amazing prices esspecially when you consider that its landed in canada for that price. 470 cad for a 165 denka nakiri is a great price for anyone looking
https://sharpknifeshop.com/collecti...roducts/teruyasa-fujiwara-denka-nakiri-165-mm

How risky is to buy this knife sight unseen (online purchase)?

I've heard people say two things about Denkas:

1) They have amazing steel.

2) They can be be a wreck when you get them, not only in how well finished it is but in terms of the grind and the edge and it can take significant skill and time to get them to what a normal knifemaker would consider "sellable" condition.

--

I'd love to buy one of these but I can barely sharpen knives (I do have 220/1k/4k/8k stones), so anything beyond "it got dull after using it for awhile so resharpen the edge" is currently beyond my skill level.

How risky is to buy this knife sight unseen (online purchase)?

I've heard people say two things about Denkas:

1) They have amazing steel.

2) They can be be a wreck when you get them, not only in how well finished it is but in terms of the grind and the edge and it can take significant skill and time to get them to what a normal knifemaker would consider "sellable" condition.

--

I'd love to buy one of these but I can barely sharpen knives (I do have 220/1k/4k/8k stones), so anything beyond "it got dull after using it for awhile so resharpen the edge" is currently beyond my skill level.
I have a 165 denka nakiri and its an amazing knife. I have to warn tho that it came from another forum member so i knew that ahead of time. That said im local to sharp and the guys there are very friendly and helpful and would most likely be happy to send you pictures of a few knives so u can pick one

I have a 165 denka nakiri and its an amazing knife. I have to warn tho that it came from another forum member so i knew that ahead of time. That said im local to sharp and the guys there are very friendly and helpful and would most likely be happy to send you pictures of a few knives so u can pick one

Sounds good, except I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to know from pictures if it's "good" or not!

Tsubaya still have them instock in 2 different ebony handles, they quoted me ¥66,800 shipped to the United States.
Here's an additional image they shared
Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.10.09 PM.png

https://tsubaya.co.jp/?pid=153643549

Back