Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starts at 1k

IMO, Tony's work is clean as hell. This piece looks like a really cool design and I can only imagine the hours of work in dialing this in. While my personal preferences might lean in a different direction, I can certainly see some folks paying over 1k for that build. On the flip side, with a lot of folks in the custom knife world shooting for 1k or more, I certainly appreciate makers like Tony, Spåre, Maillet, Isasmedjan, Eddworks and others who are doing really nice work that can still be had in the $300-500 range.

IMO, Tony's work is clean as hell. This piece looks like a really cool design and I can only imagine the hours of work in dialing this in. While my personal preferences might lean in a different direction, I can certainly see some folks paying over 1k for that build. On the flip side, with a lot of folks in the custom knife world shooting for 1k or more, I certainly appreciate makers like Tony, Spåre, Maillet, Isasmedjan, Eddworks and others who are doing really nice work that can still be had in the $300-500 range.
And looks like it went for $2600.

No, thats not correct. It signifies mount Fujiyama, not Myojin. Myojin sharpened Fujiyamas without that Fujiyama stamp were released multiple times before. Its not unusual.

The stamp is for Myojin as per Konosuke.

The knives before the stamp were sharpened by Myojin before he was revealed as the sharpener of the FM line.

That makes things very confusing as the retailer is confirming the new release was Myojin sharpened.

It’s not confusing. Kono has always been clear with their naming
Fujiyama = Morihiro
Fujiyama FM = Myojin
Fujiyama FT = Takada

I suspect these knives may be old stock FM before it was announced as Myojin

No, thats not correct. It signifies mount Fujiyama, not Myojin. Myojin sharpened Fujiyamas without that Fujiyama stamp were released released multiple times before. Its not unusual. they announced him as sharpener, that’s when the stamp was introduced.
That makes things very confusing as the retailer is confirming the new release was Myojin sharpened.
But they haven’t shown the whole blade on that side AFAIK. So the stamp may well be there.

Usually the FM has a stamp that signifies it was sharpened by Myojin. The post did not show that stamp.
The most recent one yes, I have an old FM that doesn't have the stamp. Maybe some of the batch that came is from the old stock. Because Kosuke said last time it's the Fujiyama stamp.

The most recent one yes, I have an old FM that doesn't have the stamp. Maybe some of the batch that came is from the old stock. Because Kosuke said last time it's the Fujiyama stamp.
No, not talking about other stamps, see the post above for the Myojin stamp I am referring to. It’s not a Fujiyama stamp, it refers to Myojin.

Back