Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Max, looks like the one sold at Miura, but Miura told me it was by Nishida, may be a new line, may Baba hamono told it was Nishida to keep the secret till now lol

Faux kurouchi? Very even finish, blackened kanji, suggests yes. And its got that ultra sharp transition into the blade road. Asking for a friend.

Nice hamon

IMG_4252.png
IMG_4253.png

I got a lil' honyaki set from him for my custom (a gyuto, nakiri, large petty), and boy do they cut. They take a mean edge and from what I can tell, they're pretty damn hard. Highly recommended. Side note, I think I traumatized him a bit since honyakis can be so nasty, glad to see he didn't stop making them all together haha

Friendly reminder that his books are still open and he makes a hell of a workhorse if you like large flat spot blades.
Damnit, Nick! Why do you have to go and remind me about that?
Now I feel like I have to talk to him about a wrought clad apex blade. Something about his wrought clad stuff really tickles my fancy.

I don’t need a 360mm. I dont need a 360mm. I need a..

Why did you have to post this
Just think about the versatility of it! There is nothing, literally nothing, you couldn’t conquer in a kitchen with that knife.

You could brunoise shallots and then turn around and breakdown a full side of beef

I mean, you could just buy that knife and sell your other knives

Just think about the versatility of it! There is nothing, literally nothing, you couldn’t conquer in a kitchen with that knife.

You could brunoise shallots and then turn around and breakdown a full side of beef

You’re right you’re right. Always a way to justify another knife.

Works as a guillotine blade too for when my wife kills me for buying it

You’re right you’re right. Always a way to justify another knife.

Works as a guillotine blade too for when my wife kills me for buying it
“Oh man, yeah he got murdered by his wife with one of his own kitchen knives”

“Really??! That messed up”

“Yeah but get this….IT WAS WITH A 360mm GYUTO!!”

“Oh wow, that’s badass!!”

“Oh man, yeah he got murdered by his wife with one of his own kitchen knives”

“Really??! That messed up”

“Yeah but get this….IT WAS WITH A 360mm GYUTO!!”

“Oh wow, that’s badass!!”
That scenario has been a very long running joke with my wife, even before I got heavy into knives. I am extremely sarcastic, all the time, and she has been threatening to stab me in my sleep since we started dating over 12 years ago. I keep buying more knives to give her more options, but she still hasn't called my bluff, yet.
Maybe I'll stay away from getting a 360mm for another year or two

Unfortunately he can't buy that knife

Because I did 😌

Back