Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
120mm is such a waste for a great steel and HT. Save your money for a gyuto and get a Mab petty.

And point of reference. "The Denka line is Fujiwara-San's high end line. He hand forge welds the steel for every one of these knives." is total 🐂💩
Shhh…keep yer voice down, or villagers with Denka pitchforks gonna come for ya!

The suji was next to the k-tip but both was taken off. I gave it like 15-20 mins and refreshed the page and both knives wasn’t on the site. They will probably put it back later unless they already sold it in-store.
Nah they posted that they were live 3 minutes before my post. Sujihiki is now sold as well. I was hoping you got that gyuto! I know you have been hoping for one.

Nah they posted that they were live 3 minutes before my post. Sujihiki is now sold as well. I was hoping you got that gyuto! I know you have been hoping for one.
Yup. Always wanted one but I just gave up on it and now starting to dip my feet on some JNats 😬. Hopefully this doesn’t get as bad as my knife addiction. 😂

IMG_6816.jpeg

Some reforged Elephant 4 Star Sabatier from Fell knives

One maboroshi could be totally different from another.

Ive found the steel to be relatively consistent tho. All of the TF steels are very hard. On the board they feel solid, regardless of how they're ground. They also take a killer edge.

The TF white steels (nashiji and mab) do tend to lose their bite quicker, not unlike other white steels from other makers.

Forged with a friend of mine in China, quintuple layer, cladded with iron and copper. First experimental result after we saw a video on youtube and results came out great. We thought the copper foil in a carbon fiber handle would fit better than gold foil and came turn out fantastic and in unison.

There's a lot of great Chinese knife makers out there and hope I have more opportunities to forge some of these works with my friends for you guys to appreciate.

Also open for suggestion of what we should work on with these pieces?

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    503 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    500.4 KB · Views: 0
Forged with a friend of mine in China, quintuple layer, cladded with iron and copper. First experimental result after we saw a video on youtube and results came out great. We thought the copper foil in a carbon fiber handle would fit better than gold foil and came turn out fantastic and in unison.

There's a lot of great Chinese knife makers out there and hope I have more opportunities to forge some of these works with my friends for you guys to appreciate.

Also open for suggestion of what we should work on with these pieces?
Interested in this one. Who should we contact if we want custom pieces from a Chinese smith?

Back